Post Surgery PSA Results

Re: Post Surgery PSA Results

Posted by Jackwb on Mar 21, 2020 10:58 am

We'll see how his wife handles it, the last time she was dropped off for a day, she cried for four hours and he had to take her home. He says that this time, she will not be coming home.

He's having pain issues from the TUIL, says it's much worse than the TURP. Rather than getting a Foley catheter, he uses a one time use kind...has to push it in, drain, then dispose. He has daily visits from the VON but they have run out of catheters so yesterday he bought 42.

Yes, we came back last Monday, about 3 weeks early. To compensate our landlord wants us to come down three weeks early next year. We may accept the offer but let my daughter use it until we come down. It was crazy down there, we had 450,000 people from all over the world down for Bike Week and the beaches were packed with the spring break kids. Last Saturday Volusia County had two cases, yesterday they had ten.

We found our first case up here yesterday, a lady who had returned from Minnesota. We're in voluntary isolation for another ten days but the border guard said that we can still go out but must stay away from people and not to socialize. If we develop a fever or symptoms then we have to go into voluntary quarantine and contact the Ontario public health authorities and the local doctor and hospital.

So far so good. Scary times.

Posted by WesT on Mar 21, 2020 11:12 am

Jackwb‍ disposable catheters....  Eeek I get squeamish just thinking about trying to do that myself.... Does Costco sell those in bulk?

Have you been out on your bike since getting back?  Yesterday morning would have been nice for a ride.

Posted by Jackwb on Mar 21, 2020 11:44 am

He buys them at the local drug store...

Yes, I've been out every day since we got back, did only an hour this morning, may do another after lunch. Very cold day today.

My issue now is that I'm scheduled for blood work in April wk 1 and two assessments later in April. I'm not sure that I can or want to go LifeLabs that week but the clinics will probably be closed...at least they should be.

Posted by WesT on Mar 21, 2020 11:49 am

I was kind of joking since he bought so many...,😁  I should have used a smiley face but it really isn't very funny.

Good you have been out and about.  Yeah, yesterday I took the dogs out at 7:00 and it was 15 degrees, this morning -8.  Only in Canada I guess!

Should be easy to get an appointment next week at LifeLabs, assuming they are not doing virus testing.  If they are, I would stay home.

Posted by Jackwb on Mar 22, 2020 8:35 am

I'm not sure if LifeLabs will be open, everything in town is shut down except for the grocery stores, the LCBO, and the gas stations. A few restaurants are doing take-out and you can't get through to the pizza places. All of the dentists, eye doctors and other businesses that require human to human contact are closed. Hope they make it through this.

Another 10 days in self-isolation and everything is still good but what worries me now is that we have a lot of snow birds in town and they're all starting to return. Florida went from about 100 cases 6 days ago to over 800 yesterday, and with a 10-14 day incubation period the effects of bike week and spring break are yet to seen...those hundreds of thousands of people went home to everywhere. 

Posted by WesT on Mar 22, 2020 8:44 am

Yes indeed.  My wife is still in Florida returning on Thursday (if flights are still coming by then).  It seems the some American press outlets are not taking this as seriously as the rest of the world so they are not understanding the seriousness of this there.  

Posted by Jackwb on Mar 22, 2020 10:26 am

Keep your fingers crossed. A friend flew on Delta from Rochester to Daytona last Wednesday, the flight was limited to 30 passengers and they had to wear masks and gloves.  Things are much worse now.

My daughter works at Queens Park and gets hourly updates on the confirmed cases in the U.S.. The numbers went from a few hundred to about 10,000 per day in a matter of a week or so. Wishing that your wife stays safe.