Post Surgery PSA Results

Re: Post Surgery PSA Results

Posted by Ron B on Dec 3, 2019 9:53 am

Well done WesT, so very happy for you. You are an inspiration to us all.

Posted by WesT on Dec 3, 2019 10:13 am

Thanks all.  I just wish everyone had good results like that and this decease could be eradicated once and for all (in all of its forms).  Unfortunately we can see that happening in the very near future, but we can hope.

Jackwb just a referral from my family doctor to the closest hospital and one of the nearest urologists.  It was only a 10 minute appointment......

Posted by Jackwb on Dec 3, 2019 3:39 pm

WesT:

Jackwb just a referral from my family doctor to the closest hospital and one of the nearest urologists.  It was only a 10 minute appointment......

You're fortunate living in the big city, we have no urologists in the southern Georgian Bay area and I was sent to one in Barrie...my 5 minute appointment takes about 4 hours.

However, we have a facility in Collingwood where cancer patients register and are able to video conference with their doctors in Toronto, Barrie and Owen Sound. The connection is secure and they guarantee confidentiality. So I told my urologist that this magic place exists, that for him I'm a 5 minute appointment, for me he's a 4 hour ordeal, maybe we should take advantage of this modern technology. He told me that he doesn't have the financial resources to do this...please come back in 6 months.

Posted by Bills10 on Dec 4, 2019 8:07 am

Great news.  

Posted by WesT on Dec 4, 2019 9:46 am

Jackwb‍ One of the few advantages.....  And a big enough one that may keep us here!

Yes if he is publicly funded then he is likely just trying to hang on to staff and his own job in our increasingly hostile medical field.

Posted by Jackwb on Dec 4, 2019 11:33 am

WesT:
Jackwb‍ One of the few advantages.....  And a big enough one that may keep us here!

We did our homework before deciding to move up here...we have a great hospital in Collingwood and an ambulance station at the end of our street, lots of dentists and eye doctors. The one thing that we didn't consider was the shortage of family doctors in the area. The few that we have are not accepting new patients, 53% of my town's population have no regular doctor, a situation made worse last week when one doctor's licence was suspended, leaving 1200 more people looking for care. And our after hours walk-in clinic is closing at the end of the month.

I had no doctor for 4 years after moving up here but luckily my hernia burst leaving me in ER on a morphine drip, scheduled for emergency surgery which was then cancelled when my test results came in. The numbers were so bad that they didn't think that I would wake up. However, the hospital started calling every doctor in the area and one agreed to take me on as a patient. It took two years to get me under control but then they found the cancer. If it wasn't for that hernia I would probably never know that I had so many issues, including the cancer.

Anyway, I've got my last doctor visit today before leaving for Florida for the winter...seeing the dentist shortly.

Posted by WesT on Dec 4, 2019 3:55 pm

Good luck Jackwb‍ 

Family doctors are in short supply here too.  My wife begged her doctor to take me on.  She reluctantly agreed or I would likely still be doing the walk-in clinic thing and would not be cancer free.