+ Reply
low white cell count and neutrophil counts four months after chemo has been completed
123Th
14 Posts
HI, 

My white cell count and neutrophil count has not reached the bottom of the chart yet.  Just to clarify as you all know there is a range for both of these blood cell counts and I have not yet reached the bottom of the range.  This effects my immune system (as in it is not fully equipped to fight infection) and based on what I have read this should not be taking so long, however even though I am doing everything right for me it is taking a long time.  I never did during any of the treatments or before the treatments were started reach this bench mark so perhaps I am being a little impatient?

Also with every chemo treatment I had this intense itch and rash that was treated by prednisone, which if you don't know is a wicked steroid.  At 3.5 months after chemo has been completed I once again had this same rash with the same treatment required.  This obviously also would effect my blood cell count.  Have any of you had this experience or am I one of the special ones?

Thank-you for sharing your experiences it really is a help.
Replies
+ Reply