Double hit Lymphoma

Double hit Lymphoma

Posted by lexyloopers on May 30, 2020 8:14 am

Hello! Is anyone here currently fighting double hit lymphoma? I would like to hear your story. My Dad has it and I'm curious about different treatments and experiences with chemo and other therapies for DHL. 

Re: Double hit Lymphoma

Posted by Elsie13 on May 31, 2020 5:29 pm

Hi lexyloopers‍ .  Sorry to hear about your dad's cancer. Maybe TanyaW‍ , jeff‍ and Woofy‍ will talk to you about double hit lymphoma. 
In 2016: diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer. Treatment: hysterectomy, chemo, radiation. Afterwards: No Evidence of Disease!

Posted by lexyloopers on Jun 3, 2020 1:35 pm

Thank you Elsie! I'd love to hear from jeff, Woofy, and TanyaW! 

Posted by jeff on Jun 3, 2020 7:04 pm

I was treated in 2015 for Double Hit.  I was diagnosed Double Hit diffuse Large B Cell NH lymphoma Stage 2B in August 2015 after experiencing upper abdominal pain. 
I began chemotherapy right away and my first round was Hyper CVAD with Rituxamab.  My second through sixth chemotherapy cycles were dose-adjusted R-EPOCH.
I did increase 20% on each cycle as I was able to handle the dose escalation (adjusted).  I also had two intrathecal methotrexate just as a precaution to help avoid any brain/CNS involvement. 
I was a strong, healthy, in good shape 52 year old male when I was diagnosed.  Going through that much chemotherapy is not easy but I did it.....started August 2015 and finished December 2015. 
I tried to rest well (I slept about 9-11 hours a day during chemo), ate healthy and went for walks every day. 
I would be happy to answer any specifics or let me know how I might be able to help you or your father.
You may also telephone too.
I am in San Francisco, CA so PST 

Hang in there and take care,

Jeff Ancker