Hodgkin Lymphoma

Hodgkin Lymphoma

Posted by Hillbillyn on Jan 8, 2019 12:37 pm

Hi.  Im not sure when I offically found out i had HL.  I'm not sure what stage I'm in.  My body looks like stage 4 but acts like stage 2.. They are treating me like Stage 4.  I will be doing 12 rounds of chemo and some Radiation sometimes soon.  Im  41 years of age with a 13 year old and a 1 year old girls.  I did not know I was sick.. I only had night sweats and tired all the time.  I took that as being lazy and not going back to work.  I have done 3 rounds of chemo so far.  No major side effects but i always worry.  Its hard to talk to someone that does not understand what a person goes through unless you had some kind of cancer.  I really dont like that word.  I wish everyone all the best.. chat soon

Re: Hodgkin Lymphoma

Posted by ACH2015 on Jan 8, 2019 5:58 pm

Hi Hillbillyn‍ 

You are so right that its tough to talk to those that have not experienced cancer in some way themselves. We all "get it" here, so you are in good company.

We all share the same concerns with side effects. The important thing is to be aware of them, and discuss any issues you are having with your oncologist and the RN's at the infusion center where you get your chemo treatments. Many times there are medications or other means to help get through the side effects, minimize or reduce the effects as best you can.

The link below talks about chemotherapy and offers many suggestions to help understand and get through side effects.

http://www.cancer.ca/~/media/cancer.ca/CW/publications/Chemo%20and%20other%20drug%20therapies/32055-1-NO.pdf

Here is another link that talks about Hodgkin Lymphoma. Both links are from the Canadian Cancer Society, and contain good up to date information.

You found the right place to talk about cancer with others that have gone through or are going through the process.

Keep well

ACH2015 - Andy.

Re: Hodgkin Lymphoma

Posted by Aly on Feb 8, 2019 5:21 pm

Hey Hillbillyn‍ , how is treatment going?

Share with your friends: