+ Reply
Lung cancer advocacy efforts

Under the banner of #right2survive three organizations have banded together to advocate for lung cancer issues. They are currently sponsoring a letter writing campaign to help make sure that candidates in Ontario’s election can learn about the importance of lung cancer screening before becoming MPPs. This is a non-partisan effort focused on the very specific issue of lung cancer screening.

0c83fef785206420e1774fcf86f72c03-huge-28

To participate and learn more https://right2survive.ca/advocacy/election-advocacy/

Thanks @Nicky01 for drawing my attention to this.

Angus

4 Replies
Nicky01
278 Posts

@WestCoastSailor Thank you Angus for this you did a much better job posting it than I would of. To anyone who is interested it is not only for Ontario it is for all 10 provinces, you can go and sign the letter(petition) that will be sent to your provincial government…..together let’s all make a difference and let all our voices be heard!!!

Nicky

Cynthia Mac
3876 Posts
There are signs popping up in my neighborhood that read “I’m voting for health care.” I want one.

Nicky01‍ - having worked in government for most of my career, I’ve learned “never sign a petition.” Petitions are “easy,” but they are almost never heeded: they are almost always “received for information” and shelved.

Write a letter. When writing to a provincial government, always write to your “target” person, and copy your MLA/ MPP. If the “target” is a Ministry, also copy the Premier.
Nicky01
278 Posts

@Cynthia Mac I wrote my MLA 2 years ago and after I didn’t received an answer I decided to also write to the prime minister, 2 years later I am still waiting for an acknowledgement that my letters were even received and read so I will never go that route again and I only live 70 minutes away from the Ottawa parliament so I have learned that lots of names on a petition are better than a personal letter that only a secretary will see and file away.

Nicky

Cynthia Mac
3876 Posts

In 26 years, I think I only ever saw 1, maybe 2 petitions on an agenda.

+ Reply