Non small cell lung cancer patients

Re: Non small cell lung cancer patients

Posted by WestCoastSailor on May 9, 2019 7:09 pm

Lianne_adminCCS‍ Thanks for reaching out. I was actually on durvalumab and am now off it but have had the recommendation that osemertinib (Tagrisso) would be the best drug for me. The link will be helpful in sorting the situation out. Lacey_adminCCS‍  also gave me some suggestions that I'm following up on as well including to contact the Cancer Information Officer directly. Sue was a great help and I have a page full of contacts to followup with.

And cp2tp1‍ thanks for the info. I'm in BC so the Trillium plan won't cover me. But it gives me leverage to ask why one province is covering it and others aren't.

I also need to be clear. This is not the end of the road by far. I have been prescribed afatinib and will begin it next week after the tamoxifen washes out of my body. And that's okay.

Angus

Posted by Guelph39 on May 9, 2019 7:39 pm

I am on Tagrisso but not sure how long we can afford it. In Ontario the cheapest price was 9546. I wonder why the drug is cheaper in BC which is still too much. I have a scan and mri next week so we will assess everything then. Good luck to you. 

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on May 10, 2019 12:31 pm

WestCoastSailor‍ 

I am sorry that I misunderstood your post. Yes I see that osemertinib shows as no compassionate assistance. Not sure what would come of contacting the info given there but I have included it here:     Phone 1.877.280.6208  Fax 1.877.280.6221  Email enrollment@azoncologypsp.ca

Glad you are in touch with Sue who can help steer you in the direction of the right contacts.

Keep us posted

Lianne

Posted by WestCoastSailor on May 10, 2019 1:06 pm

Contacted and Astro Zeneca are considering my request.

Angus

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on May 10, 2019 1:11 pm

WestCoastSailor‍ 

Fingers Crossed!

Lianne