+ Reply
Colon interposition
Yenchy
6 Posts
Going to have a colon interposition after having esophageal cancer. My esophagus was removed and then my stomach due to poor blood supply!! Has anybody gone through a colon interposition?? Any recommendations?
Thanks
7 Replies
Whitelilies
2272 Posts

@Yenchy Hello……I must be honest….I had to google “colon interposition” to learn what it is…..I have not had this procedure done…….I am on the colon cancer journey myself….

I wish you only the BEST !

Regards

Whitelilies

Yenchy
6 Posts
Thank you for your reply!! I’m sorry you are dealing with colon cancer!
I wish you the very best!
Boby1511
1037 Posts

@Yenchy

Hi there,

My heart goes out to you. This sounds very complicated. Poor blood circulation in the stomach could not have been easy.

I have a colostomy. And a prolapse now. Today got worse as a new length of my colon is now on the outside of my body. Sucks. Have to see the surgeon.

Cancer does suck.

Sending you best wishes.

Yenchy
6 Posts
Hi! I’m so sorry for what you are going through!! They removed my stomach and I was put on a feeding tube and spit fistula so not being able to eat or drink is no picnic!! They are hooking things back up with this interposition!! Is your colostomy permanent?? The surgeon hopefully can help you!! Cancer does suck!! This is my second cancer!!
I wish you the very best with everything and good luck with your surgeon!!
Regards
Whitelilies
2272 Posts

@Yenchy @Boby1511 Please allow me to join in…..

Cancer Does Suck.

(OK: I feel a bit better now……)

Whitelilies

Boby1511
1037 Posts

@Yenchy

No food or drink. I can't even imagine how hard this has been for you. I hope you have a speedy recover and this operation does everything you are hoping for.

Colostomy permeant. Thinking the prolapse may be permeant as well. My colon is attacking me today. Don't even want to know what it looks like right now. Can't be good.

I also have a new tumor so my remission has sadly ended.

Hugs to you. Cancer sucks.

Yenchy
6 Posts
Omg!! I am so sorry!! I wish you the very best and hoping they can do something for you!!
Are they planning on treating this new tumour?
My heart goes out to you!
Hugs back to you!!
Hang in!!
+ Reply