+ Reply
Stoma collars
Carlos
8 Posts

I might be the last one to figure this out but I recently started using a stoma collar with convex flange and this really works for me. My stoma seems a bit short and it kind of goes in and out a little, so I was only getting 1-3 days out of an appliance change. Now I get a full 4 days, which may not seem like a lot but it’s been a huge improvement. With the collar I dont need to use the barrier ring. Anyway I thought I’d share that tip that works for me.

3 Replies
Whitelilies
1667 Posts

@Carlos Hi Carlos….thank you for the Stoma Collar “Tip”….all tips and ideas, that we can share with each other, to hopefully help…..is greatly appreciated…..How are you doing?

Here is my “Tip”…..check out this Canadian Site….filled with lots of info (Clinical Trials, meds, side effects, diets….support group 3rd Sunday of each month; all Free!)

www.CCRAN.org

(Colorectal Cancer Resource Action Network)

I too, am on the colo-rectal cancer “journey” (for lack of a better word at this time!)

Thank you again,

Whitelilies

#colorectalcancer

Boby1511
720 Posts

@Carlos

never heard of these. Thanks for sharing. I have a belt from stealthbelt.ca wonderful item. With my prolapse don’t think these collars would work for me.

thanks

Carlos
8 Posts

can you get the stealth belt in Canada?

+ Reply