+ Reply
CT scan - How was it?
Whitelilies
1413 Posts

@Haemish Hi Greg…….I believe your CT scan (lip area) was yesterday……..how did it go? If you know when you get the results……share with us (if you feel comfortable).

Thinking of you……

Regards

Whitelilies

14 Replies
Haemish
135 Posts
Whitelilies‍ Thanks for asking. My family doctor called today actually to tell me the results showed no cancer anywhere else other than my lip so that’s a relief. I have my appointment in London Friday morning so hopefully they will just book me for minor surgery and that will be the end of it.
Whitelilies
1413 Posts
Haemish‍ Hi Greg..........this is GREAT news !.....I am sorry it ("C") is in your lip......but contained is the Good Part !
I am not a doctor (everyone should be happy I am not !! ) but perhaps this is just a local freezing/removal, and done !
Friday, cannot come soon enough.

Breathe out........this is good news!!
Start the Wheels a Rollin'

Regards
Whitelilies
Haemish
135 Posts
Whitelilies‍ Thanks. I feel more relieved that the scan is clear so yes I’m hoping that it is just freezing, cut it out, move on. We shall see.
Whitelilies
1413 Posts
Haemish‍ Hi....all will be fine !! Soon, it will be over with...............Before you know it:

BTS ! (No, not the Boy Band; ...............Back To School !!)

Regards
Whitelilies

Great news @Haemish, and some fingers crossed 🤞 for a simple day surgery to remove.

Mick

Haemish
135 Posts
WhiteliliesBrighty‍ Hi there. So I had the surgery this past Monday and it was a bit more than I anticipated. I was expecting a small scoop of tissue removed and I’d be done. I even asked if I could watch. Lol. The doctor said “no way. We don’t want you passing “. When I asked what he meant , he drew the section out he was going to take in my lip and chin and showed me in the mirror. It was like the size of a small Dorito. I was like “holy crap. Why so much?” He said they needed to take a big section to make sure they get it all. Anyways he proceeded to stick a needle in mu
lower lips several times to shoot lidocaine in and holy mother trucker did not hurt. It hurt worse than my colon surgery. Anyways he did the operation and took the section out while I was awake which took about 45 minutes then I was on my way home. He didn’t give me any pain meds and told me to take Advil or Tylenol. Lol. I was on the phone with my doctor the next day asking for some pain meds and those helped. All was good and healing was moving along till I got up this morning and checked my lip and it split open. I ended up going to emergency at the nearby hospital and turns out that it was infected and they sealed it with steri strips till I can get back to London to get it checked. The battle continues.
JustJan
932 Posts

@Haemish that sounds like quite an ordeal you went through. I hope you can get some relief and get your healing on the right path. Please keep us posted on how you make out with your doctor next week.

Whitelilies
1413 Posts
Haemish‍ Hi Greg.....Yikes - Split Lip/ER.....oh my gosh......you sure had a rough go, of this. Steri-strips will keep it all together...and soon you will your own Dr......Perhaps use a straw, when you can, to avoid "lip movement" etc.
Heal Dear Greg.
Let us know, what your Dr says, next week.
Regards
Whitelilies

Brighty
7363 Posts
Oh my gosh Haemish‍ I'm so sorry that happened to you!!!!!! I pray that the healing process goes smoother from here on in!!!!!!keep us updated!!!
Cynthia Mac
3299 Posts
Haemish‍ , yes the freezing needles hurt like hell. I had one in an index finger once. Ow, freaking OW.

I hope they can get that infection under control quickly, and that your wound starts to behave itself!

Thanks for the update. As you can see, your cheering section is still all here!
Haemish
135 Posts
WhiteliliesBrightyCynthia Mac‍ The steri strips didn’t work and fell off like three hours after they were on. I had a trip preplanned with my daughter in London so we went from Sunday to Tuesday. I was super tempted to go to emergency there but didn’t want to wreck her trip so I just sucked it up. After I dropped her at her moms I headed right to emergency again. After a two hour wait the doctor said they couldn’t restitch it because it was infected and I came home. Fortunately , I was able to get an appointment for yesterday morning in London. When I got there they said they would restoring it which was a relief but I also knew the pain that was coming. The resident surgeon who was different than that first one I had seemed annoyed that I was there and lacked a good bedside manner. However, the nurse was great and made things better. He determined there was no infection and stitched me up after numerous painful needle sticks and lidocaine injections. On the way home the lidocaine had worn off and the pain was kicking in even though I had taken some pain meds right after the surgery. I ended up calling my family dr when I got home and he was kind enough to prescribe me the good stuff. Lol. I started taking Dilaudid and it eventually started working about 1am. Today I am feeling better but was a little concerned when I took the bandage off and noticed a large bump along one of the incision lines. I took a pic and emailed it this morning to the nurse in London to see if I should be concerned or if it will eventually go away. I’m just waiting to hear back. So that’s where I’m at.
Whitelilies
1413 Posts

@Haemish Hi Greg - I am so sorry to hear of all the difficulty! Well, Bless The Good Stuff! (Take more)……Hopefully the bump, will go down, and it will be nothing to worry about…….the chin/lip area has been through a lot (incision) and so now, it must heal.

I do hope your mini vaycay with your daughter was lovely, and memorable.

Get Ready: Back 2 School……You Got This.

Whitelilies

Brighty
7363 Posts

Oh my gosh Haemish‍ !!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that!!!!!i like you keep your sense of humour though. I hope you did have a good vacation with your daughter! !!!!all the best for quick healing..and I'm so looking forward to swapping back to school stories with you soon!!!!!!!!!!

Whitelilies
1413 Posts

@Haemish Hello Greg AND all those returning to School; Be it a Teacher, a Support Staff, Student, Parent of student….Wishing you ALL a safe and wonderful beginning, to a NEW school year…..to be filled with safety & LOTS of learning…..

Sharpen Those Pencils!!

Whitelilies

#backtoschool

+ Reply