+ Reply
Chemo treatment update
Mamabear41
44 Posts
Hello everyone, sorry it has taken so long to update , I had my first iv chemo (oxaliplatin) last Thursday and well let me say it knocked me right on my arse,did have an allergic reaction while it was being infused( hands locked, throat started to tighten, the arm with iv in it felt like a sharp stick was being dragged up and down it, blood pressure went up) they gave me allergy meds and steroids and then I was fine. I ve had no energy for anything, it’s a chore just getting out of
bed. I’m slowly starting to get some energy back but I know come the 6th of august that will change. Hope everyone is doing well and ok
3 Replies
Runner Girl
1849 Posts

@Mamabear41

Oh my goodness that sounds like a terrible experience. Did they mention what they were going to do next time to mitigate a similar reaction? Perhaps change your chemo to something else?

Be kind to yourself while you recover from this.

Runner Girl

law1
511 Posts

OMG, @Mamabear — what a fright you had when experiencing your negative reactions during treatment.

Thank goodness you were able to make them known and was treated with success immediately.

Continued success to you

Whitelilies
1200 Posts
Mamabear41‍ Hi...I am so sad to hear how awful this experience was for you...I truly hope the medical team can help, and tweak the chemo-combo for you.
I hope you regain your strength slowly.....and that you can kiss your kids goodnight, every night, and sleep tight.
Warmly
Whitelilies
+ Reply