+ Reply
Update on my plan
Narges
32 Posts
Hi everyone, as I mentioned I finished my 51/2weeks radiation with chemo pills last week. I have been planed to start my chemo systematic this Friday but I had a call yesterday and they told me that chemo should wait until the previous treatment test result gets ready. But as I was booked for port locating I will have it tomorrow. My only concern is exercise ( not only but one of them) as I can’t stopped it .any tips for port surgery?
4 Replies
Essjay
1484 Posts
Hi Narges‍ I had a port and found it super convenient.

The surgery is easy. I had conscious sedation but don’t remember a thing. I needed to have a responsible adult with me for 24 hours and not make decisions but it wasn’t bad. Bruising was colourful!

I had a port because I am active and I kept active through chemo. The only thing I found was that some clothes especially bra straps were awkward (I have next to no adipose tissue on my chest), and things like purse straps and seat belts caught on it. Strategic padding helped.

Good luck with the procedure tomorrow - rest up after xx
Whitelilies
1073 Posts
Narges‍ Hello.....wonderful to hear that you completed 5 1/2 weeks of radiation/chemo pills.......that was not easy!
I did not have a port (Sorry cannot offer ideas/support for this)....

However: I can insist that you do:
10 Jumping Jacks
10 Sit Ups
10 Laps-Track
10 Laps- Pretend you are in a Pool
10 Km walk

Get Going !! You CAN do it !!

Regards
Whitelilies
Narges
32 Posts
Hi dears, I had my port located and the good news is I can do exercise as much as I like. I didn’t get any conscious sedation so I had pain and felt everything ( stitches and skin stretching) but I am dear great right now.
Whitelilies
1073 Posts
Narges‍ Hello......oh my, no "sedation"......glad it is all overwith....time to breathe out AND.....get going....
10 Chin Ups
10 Pull Ups
10 Sit Ups
Rep.....Sets......Barbell
Go Go Go

Whitelilies
+ Reply