HI!

HI!

Posted by Daniel-J on Feb 11, 2020 11:59 pm

I have a suspicion of intestinal cancer and my doctor preliminarily confirmed it's likely. It's probably hereditary, my dad survived it.

There will be tests and lab results soon. I'm panicking, I don't know what to do now and then if I do get cancer.

Re: HI!

Posted by Wendy Tea on Feb 12, 2020 12:54 am

Daniel-J‍  Welcome to this safe place. What do you know to be true today? Something is acting up in your intestines. The doctors will do tests, take samples, do more tests, refer you to other doctors. What is the plan for you? Is there another appointment booked? Do you have to wait long? Waiting is the hardest part. In the meantime  keep busy. It really helped me to get organized,  do cleaning, sorting, exercise,  eat healthy,  and hang with friends. If you really are on a cancer journey you will find you are so busy. So take some time now for yourself.  Please stay in touch as we are all here for whatever tomorrow brings. It helped when I focused on today.
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Feb 12, 2020 8:09 am

Hi, Daniel-J‍ , you say your Dad survived it.  Is he still alive? If so, talk to him. (Come to think of it, even if he isn’t, talk to him. Twenty years ago, I had a teacup reader tell me that my late grandmother watches over me every single day. I’m not sure how she knew that, but I’m pretty sure — even 33 years later — that she was right.) Keep in mind, though, that since your Dad went through his experience, a lot has changed with regard to cancer treatments and side-effect medications, so your journey will probably look different.

Wendy Tea‍ Gave you some super thoughts - read her post several times!

My best suggestion is that you look into some mindfulness techniques. Sometimes, at a time like this, if you find a way to bring your thoughts “home,” it can slow down the “runaway train” your thoughts are on now. A breathing meditation, I’ve found, is a great way to bring your focus back onto your self, and you can even add some affirmations to them after a time. 

As Wendy said, focus on today, and if that’s too big a chunk of time, focus on this hour, and if that’s too much, focus on this minute.

Welcome, and feel free to write in if there’s anything you need to “talk” about. You’ve found a place of people who’ve been through what you’re going through.

“When the root is deep, there is no reason to fear the wind.” - Japanese saying

Posted by jorola on Feb 12, 2020 7:41 pm

Hi Daniel-J‍ 
I am sorry you have these concerns. Please remember you do not have cancer until a biopsy confirms the presence of cancer cells, ok? A CT scan, MRI, blood tests or other testing cannot confirm or diagnose cancer.
I hope your biopsy is negative for cancer.
Live, Laugh, Love

Posted by WestCoastSailor on Feb 13, 2020 9:52 pm

Reading over some of your other posts I sense wheels spinning.

Those first days can be an icy shock for sure. Is there anything we can help with? Do you have more information yet? What is the timeline for diagnosis and treatment looking like?

Angus
My story: http://journey.anguspratt.ca

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Jul 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Daniel-J‍ - Checking in....did you get your results?