Leukemia Relapse

Leukemia Relapse

Posted by Randyalice on Jan 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has any relapse stories on how you knew with your child.  My daughter recently finished treatment for ALL and has had no fevers for months even with the colds and flu's shes gotten.  About 10 days ago she got a cold and has had a cough that wont go away and the past 3 nights has woken up with a high fever and stomach ache and then in the morning is fine (still has this cough).  We had our monthly bloodwork done last week and it came back good but i am wondering if it could somehow be missed?  Just wondering if anyone has any insight.  Will be phoning our clinic on Monday.

Re: Leukemia Relapse

Posted by ACH2015 on Feb 1, 2019 10:12 am

Hi Randyalice‍ 

Sometimes we don't find similar situations on the site. I did look up and found a specific Canadian Support Service that may offer you greater information.

"Joining hands to help patients cope: improving the quality of life of patients and their families. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of Canada (LLSC) offers the most comprehensive array of services to patients and families touched by blood cancers. "

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjKrcmb5ZrgAhUIjmkKHUBtCmUYABAAGgJpcQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASEuRo_a6fV1wlHKY7VcjftC0eww&sig=AOD64_0GS3qOxbMTGVMrZqYxHs-THZGeYA&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjJn8Ob5ZrgAhVl9YMKHTmPBegQ0Qx6BAgGEAE&adurl=

Here are a few more options for you. This is the phone number for the Canadian Cancer Society. 1-888-939-3333.  These links may provide you with some 1 on 1 discussion and connection opportunities as well  Community Services Locator  and Talk to someone who's been there. I hope you get some connection with thee suggestions.

Let us know what you discover.

Keep well

ACH2015 - Andy.

Re: Leukemia Relapse

Posted by Randyalice on Feb 1, 2019 12:37 pm

Thank you so much 😊