LEEP scared

LEEP scared

Posted by Peachs45 on Sep 29, 2020 4:57 pm

Hi I'm new to this group going for my Leep procedure next week and I am terrified my biopsy was a frightful event that lasted over an hour looking for insight and support

Re: LEEP scared

Posted by Brighty on Sep 29, 2020 6:43 pm

Peachs45‍ welcome!!!!!! Thank you for having the courage to post.    Although I'm not familiar  with the LEEP  procedure, I'm going to direct you to the cervical cancer section under 'forums' and 'cancer types ' and 'cervical cancer.      I'm hoping you can connect  with 1b2‍ 
Hollyl‍ 
morningglory88‍  maxygirl0912‍  and JazThomson‍ .     You may also want to call the cancer info line at 1 888 939 3333.     
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by Wendy Tea on Sep 29, 2020 6:57 pm

Peachs45‍  Here is a quick link to the cervical cancer discussions that Brighty‍  referred to. https://cancerconnection.ca/discussions/viewcategory/62
What I found helpful before any procedure was telling my medical team about my anxieties.  They are usually willing to listen and find ways to make things easier. 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea

Posted by Runner Girl on Sep 29, 2020 8:30 pm

Hello Peachs45‍ ,

I had the leep and laser procedure in 2012 because I had abnormal cells.  The worst part was bleeding for several weeks after and not being allowed to exercise.  I was all good after the procedure.  

I wish you well next week.

Runner Girl 
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by Lacey_Moderator on Oct 14, 2020 2:56 pm

Peachs45‍ - How did the procedure go?

Thinking of you,
Lacey