Diagnosed with HSIL/CIN3

Diagnosed with HSIL/CIN3

Posted by maxygirl0912 on Feb 16, 2020 9:15 pm

In December last year, I was diagnosed with HSIL/CIN 3 and shortly after, I underwent the LEEP procedure. It is February now and I am so scared to come back to my follow-up and be informed that there are still the abnormal cells there or has progressed into cancer. The follow-up is in June which they scheduled 6 months from my LEEP. I want to know if there is a way to see the doctor any sooner? Is there anyone who has the same experience as me? There is so little support that I found and me thinking about all the possible outcomes is just driving me a little crazy.

Re: Diagnosed with HSIL/CIN3

Posted by Wendy Tea on Feb 16, 2020 10:55 pm

maxygirl0912‍  Welcome and I am sorry you are on this challenging journey.  Waiting is so hard!  I waited for a diagnosis,  test results, appointments,  surgery and it seemed to take forever. I hear your anxiety. Being stressed is not good when you are battling any disease.  I saw my family doctor when I felt overwhelmed and she was able to review my file, the Plan,  and then we decided whether we could change the wait time. Do you think this will help if you see your family doctor?  Please stay in touch.
I am a survivor. Wendy Tea

Posted by maxygirl0912 on Feb 17, 2020 8:11 am

Thanks so much for responding. That’s a good idea about the family doctor and seeing what can be done while waiting :) 

Posted by Elsie13 on Feb 17, 2020 3:40 pm

maxygirl0912‍ , I think Wendy Tea‍ 's idea of getting in touch with your family doctor is really great. I found this interesting article (maybe you've already seen it?) :
http://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-type/cervical/diagnosis/abnormal-cervical-biopsy-results/?region=on

It says that  CIN3 means  "(a very early stage of cancer in which tumour cells have not yet invaded surrounding tissues)."
Having to wait until June, though, that seems like a long time. When I got my ovarian cancer diagnosis., I had to wait 4 weeks for the pathology report, and so your wait time seems really long!
I think that lilyk‍ , klmack1562‍  and Camco‍ have some experience with cervical cancer, and perhaps they will join this discussion. 
Read more: http://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-type/cervical/diagnosis/abnormal-cervical-biopsy-results/?region=on#ixzz6EFHlNHAr
In 2016: diagnosed with stage 2 ovarian cancer. Treatment: hysterectomy, chemo, radiation. Afterwards: No Evidence of Disease!