Cervical Cancer Stage 3

Cervical Cancer Stage 3

Posted by Karen Helen on Jan 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Hey all !! 
Ive been recently diagnosed with Squamous Cell Cancer of the cervix , Stage 3.  I start Chemoradiation in 2 weeks . Any advice on a list of essentials to put in my care bag and what to expect from treatments ??

TIA 

Re: Cervical Cancer Stage 3

Posted by Elizabeth06 on Jan 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Hello Karen Helen‍ 
welcome to Cancerconnections, and thank you for introducing yourself.
if you look under forums, specific cancers, then your type of cancer, you will find discussions that you can join or start a new topic and chat with others who are travelling the same path as you.  You might also be interested in treatments and side effects or the emotional roller coaster.
i am a breast cancer patient and can say that I think all of us hearing that diagnosis, you have cancer, have a similar reaction.  It is a stressful time and there is somehow relief in having a plan of action and beginning to move forward.
hope all goes well with treatment and keep us posted.  There is much knowledge and support with in this group.
again, welcome.

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Welcome Karen Helen‍ 

Glad you found us and decided to say Hi. You have great questions about preparing for Radiation.

I'd like to introduce you to nicolem‍, Cricketclaire‍, Ravynne‍, Joni28‍, 30butfree‍, Kristen.M.H.‍. Ladies can you help provide info about what to expect and essentials to pack for treatment?

I wish you all the best with your coming treatment.

Lacey

Posted by Cory on Jan 11, 2019 2:46 pm

Hi Karen Helen‍ : I sent you a private message. All the best, Corey

Posted by nicolem on Jan 11, 2019 11:32 pm

Hi Karen Helen‍, Welcome to the community! There are so many great sources of support and information on this site. I had cervical cancer as well and am just over two years post chemoradiation. From what I was told, people can react differently but I'm happy to share my experience and answer any questions you have. I'll send you a DM!

Posted by 30butfree on Jan 12, 2019 12:59 pm

Hi Karen Helen‍ , Everyone is different. I found just listening to my ipod or listening to the Tv the best. I am avid reader but reading or watching the TV made me nauseous. Try a few things till you find out works best for you. I also enjoyed very bland snacks nothing too flavorful. As not so great as it sounds it helped calm the stomach, Plain crackers, bread and butter that type of thing

Posted by 30butfree on Jan 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Karen as far as treatment goes feel free to private message me I would be happy to talk it through. Personally I did chemo radiation brachytherapy and then another round of a trial chemotherapy treatments. Each with their own prosband cons but main advice i can give is take your anti nausea medication even if you feel ok. Its amazing how awful you can feel if you dont and its very hard to backtrack its better to stay on top of it and prevent it. Feel free to message if you want any more details.

Posted by Nancy777 on Feb 15, 2019 11:12 am

Hello Karen,

My name is Nancy777.  I was diagnosed with re- occurrence cervix cancer stage 4 metastasis.  Do you mind if I ask what type of chimo is the doctor using for you and how are you filling also if there is any recommendation, I will begin in a couple of weeks.

Thank you and much love to you

Nancy777

Posted by ashcon on Feb 15, 2019 11:27 am

Hi Nancy777‍ 

Glad you reached out here to Karen Helen‍ .  Just wanted to let you know that she will see your question if you 'tag' her as I have done. 
To do this, simply put the "@" symbol before the user name of the person you are trying to tag, and a list of users will appear for you to select from.

This functionality doesn't like spaces or special characters, so in Karen Helen's case, just type "Karen" and her name will appear in bottom of list.

Thinking of you as you start your chemo.  Where are you being treated?

Posted by Nancy777 on Feb 15, 2019 1:06 pm

Hello Ashcon

Thank you for your message, I will be treated at Princess Margaret Hospital.  I am just waiting on the Oncologist to advised when I will start.  By the way, they give you a # of survival in my case or the other option, the natural way, so difficult.

Rgs

Nancy777

Share with your friends: