Glioblastoma

Glioblastoma

Posted by terryg on Jun 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Hello everyone,

is there anyone driving a car that has Glioblastoma?  Doctors revoked my drivers license even though I have never had a seizure or bad headaches.

thank you.

Re: Glioblastoma

Posted by ashcon on Jun 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Hi terryg‍ 
Welcome to the site! I'm sorry to hear that your license has been revoked.  When did that happen? How long have you been dealing with this diagnosis?

I found this post from Rabbit‍ (posted in Jan 2017) . It highlights an important point: apparently even if your license is not revoked, your insurance company may not cover you if you do get into an accident.
A Drivers Surprise

I'm sure Brain Tumour Foundation of Canada can provide you with more infornation on this topic! 
Let us know what you find out - I'm sure others would benefit from what you can share.
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Posted by terryg on Jun 10, 2020 3:56 pm

I was diagnosed this passed october 2019 and that is when they revoked my license.

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Jun 10, 2020 4:55 pm

Welcome to the site terryg‍ 

I did a quick search on the site for members dealing with glioblastoma .
I want to introduce you to Sanwad65‍  who is the caregiver for her husband , erinmla‍ whose mother has been diagnosed.and Patti1234‍ whose son was diagnosed.

Are any of you able to shed some light on terryg‍ 's question regarding driving?

Thank you

Lianne

Posted by Patti1234 on Jun 10, 2020 6:46 pm

terryg:
Hello everyone,

is there anyone driving a car that has Glioblastoma?  Doctors revoked my drivers license even though I have never had a seizure or bad headaches.

thank you.

Hi terryg

My son had his drivers license revoked but it was because his peripheral vision was affected before his surgery and then didn't improve after the surgery.  His vision got a bit worse after.   I think depending on where the tumour is located might be a factor in their decision.  If you have any other questions or anything please let me know.

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Jun 10, 2020 9:27 pm

Orlando‍ did your wife have her license revoked?