Oligodendrioglioma Grade III, Inoperable

Oligodendrioglioma Grade III, Inoperable

Posted by markschelter on Jan 29, 2019 1:51 pm

Hello, I am, or was a perfectly health 42 year old male and recently had two major seizures.  Tests revealed a 7cm tumour in the speach centre of my brain which was deemed non removable but tested positive to be an aggressive form of cancer.  I am on week 2 of chemo / radiation treatment but am looking for anyone with a simialr tumour to chat about their experience and / or how they are living with this.
Mark

Re: Oligodendrioglioma Grade III, Inoperable

Posted by Brighty on Jan 29, 2019 3:56 pm

markschelter‍  I just came across your post  and wanted to welcome you to tbe site.    I'm sorry you have to find yourself here but this is the site of caring, compasion, information and support.      No post will go unanswered  here.     Although I am not familiar  with this type of cancer I am going to tag Lacey_adminCCS‍ and Lianne_adminCCS‍  to see if they can connect t you with other members  who you can chat with who share your experience.     There are also various discusion groups here to join.    Click on Discussons button   and join which ever group draws you in.      We will ensure you get the support and information  you are looking for.    

Re: Oligodendrioglioma Grade III, Inoperable

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Feb 4, 2019 12:46 pm

Thank you for tagging me Brighty‍ 
markschelter‍  - sorry for the delay in responding as I was out of town. I did a search on the site and found mention of Oligodendrioglioma in a couple of threads.

We have two members who have mentioned this diagnosis JCor403 and gr8ful2b who may be able to chime in here

I am also including links to the threads I found. The first one can be accessed with this link and the other is here .

In addition, we have discussions on Treatments and Side Effects and The emotional roller coaster where you may find information or where you can pose those types of questions as well. While the discussions may not pertain to your specific cancer, there are many parts of the cancer experience that is universal.

I hope you find this helpful. I am glad you posted and hope you continue to reach out where needed.

Lianne