+ Reply
First chemo
Chiquilit
8 Posts
Tomorrow is my first chemo I don’t know how I feel what to expect. I don’t know if I will make it. If I will survive in short I’m scared!
11 Replies
Chiquilit
8 Posts

@Runner Girl Thank you so much!

cb66
18 Posts

@Chiquilit

Sitting in the chair at my first treatment right now. I worried all week and was a complete mess this morning. I have to say other than some burning in my arm which they dealt with swiftly it has been ok. Really wish I hadn’t spent so much energy worrying. I know it’s easier said than done though. Good luck to you.

Chiquilit
8 Posts

@cb66 thank you so much! Appreciate it!

Cynthia Mac
4217 Posts

@Chiquilit I was so afraid for my dad on the day of his first chemo, I was the one in the bathroom hyperventilating!

To be honest, though, apart from my paralyzingly fear of needles (thank you covid for helping me deal with THAT), I think it was my concern for him that sent me to that precipice. Can’t say for sure, but I don’t think I’d have been that bad if it had been for myself (although the odds are good that I would have been).

I believe you will find a most compassionate staff of people at the cancer centre who will help put you at ease. Dad’s were the absolute best. And, you’ll be surprised, I think at the spectrum of patients - from in-hospital people on gurneys to business people with their briefcases and cell phones, to people like my dad - retired and determined.

I wish you all the best today, and hope you have some things to occupy the time, a full water bottle, and slippers if you want. Lots of people here are thinking of you and rooting for you!

Marie1928
7 Posts

@Chiquilit I understand I am so scared my first of 8 round chemo is in 2 days and I am a mess! Trying to read all information given to me but can only read a bit at a time as depresses me and gets me down.This forum is amazing for settleing me down. Thank you.

cb66
18 Posts

@Chiquilit
Hope you made out ok with your first treatment. I’m dealing with a few side effects but nothing unmanageable yet. Only day 3 though.

Chiquilit
8 Posts

@Cynthia Mac
Thank you so much!

Chiquilit
8 Posts

@Marie1928thank you so much!

Chiquilit
8 Posts

@cb66 ihave side effects too upset stomach but I can still tolerate it as much as I can I don’t want to depend on meds all the time! Thank yo!

Cynthia Mac
4217 Posts

@Chiquilit Dad‘s nurses told him, “Don’t be a hero. The meds are there for a reason, and you’re better to take them either on schedule or at the very first sign, rather than wait until the pain/ nausea gets to the point where you feel you need the meds.”

Chiquilit
8 Posts

@Cynthia Macthank you

+ Reply