+ Reply
Troponin
CandiceRG
85 Posts
I was put under the care if an oncology cardiology prior to starting chemo and just had a routine check up. I had an echo yesterday and two blood tests. I got the result of the high sensitivity Troponin and mine went from 3 prior to chemo to 17 (normal is 14) I'm kinda freaking out about this because my understanding is that this could be a sign that I have cardiotoxicity or am at risk for heart complications. I'm supposed to have chemo Monday and I can't help but wonder if I should be continuing? Any advice or feedback would be appreciated.
6 Replies
Runner Girl
3008 Posts

@CandiceRG
When is your next meeting with your oncologist? Before your upcoming chemo? This would definitely be something you need to discuss with them. They may need to tweak your treatment.

CandiceRG
85 Posts

@Runner Girl I called the oncology cardiology clinic and found out that 17 is not worrisome:)

Runner Girl
3008 Posts

@CandiceRG
Awesome! Now you can de-stress.

Glad you made the call!

Mosi
221 Posts

@CandiceRG
Hi Candice

I looked back at my old records and I jumped from 10 to 55 after the first 3 months of chemo. My oncologist had explanations for it and my heart is still pumping great months after chemo is finished. It was the conversation with him that put me at ease. Isn’t it great to have confidence in your medical team?

CandiceRG
85 Posts

@Mosi thank you for doing that. Yes it's so good having a responsive team :)

JustJan
1807 Posts

@CandiceRG I learned as I went through treatment that what was showing as abnormal on my test results turned out to be within acceptable limits for someone undergoing cancer treatment. I’m glad you contacted your oncologist to get clarification and help put your mind at ease.

+ Reply