+ Reply
Food & diet
Cea
44 Posts

I had no idea how much having cancer takes up one's life. Appointment yesterday, to teach me self injection. Then dietitian, tomorrow 2 more. It's a constant drive and 85 km round trip. At least gas is cheap near the Centre. Side effects hit me yesterday - that was fun.

But my main request is for food ideas.

(and now I know there is a “group” vs “forum” I am deleting (except I don't know how) and moving it to a “group”) :-)

2 Replies
ACH2015
2344 Posts

@Cea

I'd like to share a resource from the Canadian Cancer Society with you: https://cdn.cancer.ca/-/media/files/cancer-information/resources/publications/eating-well-when-you-have-cancer/32062-eating-well-when-you-have-cancer-en.pdf?rev=e86f9bec22a34b0899ed85e2e4c513c1&hash=84F81D27F4C9ED1875C2389739196B10&_gl=1*1w5hh0k*_ga*MTg3MTM4Mzk2OS4xNjU4NTI0MzE4*_ga_23YMKBE2C3*MTY1OTU2NjMxNi4yLjEuMTY1OTU2NjM2My4xMw..

The pamphlet is full of good ideas and recipes to help vary and improve our diets.

May I also suggest you go into the Groups section, click on Groups, and scroll down to the Eating Well When You Have Cancer group - then click on that. Lots of discussions and suggestions to read through, and post questions of your own.

Also, many communities have supports such as meals on wheel's that deliver prepared hot or frozen meals. This helps people eat good hearty meals as single servings when they don't have the time or energy to do so on their own. I am sure you could find something in your community. Check with the social workers or dietician at the hospital you are getting treatment from for some contacts.

Keep well

ACH2015

Cea
44 Posts

@ACH2015 Thank you - I was looking in forums and had not seen there was a group portion. I will nip over there!

+ Reply