+ Reply
Gemcitabine Chemo after Radio
Ga.rv
33 Posts
Hi guys, my father is still recovering from the short (but high intensity) round of radiotherapy he received for treating his cholagiocarcinoma reoccurrence and I’m wondering if anyone here has had experience with Gemcitabine Chemo? His cancer is really hard to monitor as bile duct cancers don’t really show up with bloodwork so I’m trying to gather as much info as possible on side effects and experiences with this type of chemo. Thanks so much and hope something nice happens to you today!
5 Replies
Cynthia Mac
3929 Posts

@Ga.rv

Climbing‍ Has been on #Gemcitabine with another med, as has Marj99‍ ‘S husband. Perhaps they could offer you some insights.

Climbing
178 Posts

@Ga.rv

Hi, yes I am currently on Gemcitabine. I do a 3 week cycle. The first week I do Gemcitabine and Carboplatin with Pembro. The 2nd week I have Gemcitabine only and then I have a rest week. The week that I have Gemcitabine in isolation I haven't experienced too many side effects. I was getting some headaches but those have mostly stopped. It doesn't affect my energy levels too much. I find I am feeling winded after doing not much, walking up stairs, walking around the block. For me I think thats due to other factors also, the other drugs I'm on, the cancer etc. Overall I haven't found the Gemcitabine too bad. I know there's a list of possible side effects so it really must vary from person to person. So far so good for me with the drug. Hopefully that helps somewhat.

IrinaL
4 Posts

@Ga.rv i am a care giver for my dad, he just turned 78 and he has stage 4 gallbladder cancer. He is on same schedule as @Climbing three weeks round, week 1- gemcitabine and carboplatin, week 2-gemcitabine and week 3 he has a rest. It’s his sixth round now. Side effects: fatigue and a minor fever about 37.3 on days two and three after chemo.

Ga.rv
33 Posts

Hey @Climbing thanks so much for sharing! Happy to hear you haven't had many side effects so far. I hope it continues that way :) Sending you many hugs and I hope you continue healing and feeling better. With gratitude, Gabby

Ga.rv
33 Posts

Hi @IrinaL thanks so much for getting back to me and sharing your dad's experience. We will be meeting my dad's onco in about a week or so and it's great to hear about other experiences with a similar chemo cycle. Sending you the best wishes for your pops <3

+ Reply