+ Reply
Advice for dry skin
ABBYB
37 Posts
Just finished 2nd round of chemo. My hair fell out last week, so now it's buzzed and much more bearable,So now I'm noticing how dry my hands & feet are becoming. Doesn't help with COVID that hand sanitizer is a staple right now. But what products helped you.
4 Replies
Runner Girl
2144 Posts

@ABBYB

Sorry about the dry skin. You're right, hand sanitizer makes it even worse.

I used and continue to use Aveno Skin Relief Moisturizing Lotion - Coconut on my hands throughout the day and on my feet at bed time. If my feet are really dry I'll put the lotion on heavily and then pull on a pair of socks.

Keep an eye on your scalp as well as it tends to get dry. Little bit of coconut oil at bed time before putting on your night cap helps with that.

Runner Girl

JasB
10 Posts

@ABBYB

I had my second round of chemo on Monday. I use Lubiderm unscented moisturize. I apply it 2 to 3 times a day especially after I’ve showered. I hope it’ll help, if you try it!

Boby1511
595 Posts

@ABBYB

hi there. I got a rash to my face after chemo. Was painful. My doc prescribed a skin scream. Helped a little. Took about 30 days or so to clear.

sending you best wishe.

Trillium
1572 Posts

Hi @ABBYB - My son developed very dry thick skin patches on his third round of chemo and the oncologist gave him samples of Udderly Smooth and Working Hands. They were both very helpful for him and can be purchased in any pharmacy.

Trillium

+ Reply