+ Reply
Having a line put in for, CT scans
elle29
669 Posts

5 times πŸ’₯πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’‰πŸ’₯πŸ™†πŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈπŸ˜ΏI am not whining nor complaining but there is a problem .
Today I was a human PINCUSHION the tech and 2 nurses had multiple tries for a needle to be pushed further in my veins . They said but it did not want to go further though trying carefully . Each time it recjected the IV needle .

This is a continual problem for moi , for them to add ported for CT fluid , to be put in . My veins kept rejecting this and it hurt and burned as they tried to push it further in .The tech said it happens matter of factly when I left .
I yelped like a wounded pup !
Actually 4 on my arm and a 5th needle with port line attached on my wrist . It hurt so much bc the veins were not straight they said . I need a HUG . Glad my daughter drove me especially afterwards .

6 Replies
Boby1511
595 Posts

@elle29

i feel for you. I’ve had the multiple IV attempts. Hurts.

Hope your recovering. Hugs.

elle29
669 Posts

And I do not want to say anything to the GPO or they may stop all together .

supersu
498 Posts

@elle29

ouch! I feel your pain….every time I need an IV I have multiple pokes also.
ugh
it is no fun at all.

you must have β€˜valve'y veins'. it sounds like they get it in, but cannot advance the catheter. I think sometimes our veins just say: β€˜NO MORE’. ha ha ha

good for you for being a trooper…it doesn't happen too often, but if venous access cannot be accessed tests could be cancelled, so I get that you are fearful of saying too much to the provider. I don't know that you can have a permanent line put in for CT scans - the contrast solution may not be a good match. hopefully you don't need further IVs for a while!

hang in there girl!
the info they get from the procedures is the important stuff for you. crossing my fingers that everything comes up roses! 🌹

hugs friend πŸ€—
su

#toughIVstart #CTscanwithcontrast

Eddie
38 Posts

You certainly do need a hug, I had that same problem during my last CT scan, I think it is more from the lack of experience. My whole scan was difficult. I've had many CT scans and never a problem. They were rushing to catch up because of covid.

I'm sure you will have fewer problems next time. Good luck with your medical issues in the future. All the best!

S2020
588 Posts

@elle29, that sounds miserable and uncomfortable! Here’s a virtual hug.πŸ€— I hope next time it goes smoothly. Wishing you a good CT result.

Essjay
1598 Posts

@elle29 that sounds like a rough day. Hope the scan went well in the end. Sending hugs Essjayxx

+ Reply