+ Reply
Vaccines
Rab0131
26 Posts
Hi everyone!

I just got back from a 48 hour stay in the hospital. I received 2 vaccines on Thursday, pneumovax 23 and HIB. Less than 24 hours later I started to feel chills and generally unwell not to mention the excruciating pain at the vaccines site. When my fever hit 38.3 I called the onco help line and was told to go the the emergency immediately, by the time they took my temperature in the ER iHad all the test done and my blood work was great, so no infection definitely an adverse reaction to the vaccines. I have never felt so ill in my life!
I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
This brings to my new found fear of getting sick during chemotherapy😒
2 Replies
Rab0131
26 Posts

Rab0131:
Hi everyone!

I just got back from a 48 hour stay in the hospital. I received 2 vaccines on Thursday, pneumovax 23 and HIB. Less than 24 hours later I started to feel chills and generally unwell not to mention the excruciating pain at the vaccines site. When my fever hit 38.3 I called the onco help line and was told to go the the emergency immediately, by the time they took my temperature in the ER it was at 39. I had all the tests done and my blood work was great, so no infection definitely an adverse reaction to the vaccines. I have never felt so ill in my life!
I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
This brings me to my new found fear of getting sick during chemotherapy😒

supersu
433 Posts

@Rab0131

sorry to hear of your reaction to the vaccine.

my recent experience:
I recently got my 2nd dose of the shingles shot - and OMGoodness….I felt absolutely terrible also.
the pharmacist warned me it would happen, but as someone who gets vaccinated annually for influenza, had 2 doses of Pfizer for covid and had NO REACTION what-so-ever, I was FLABBERGASTED at my reaction.

good for you for checking it out, sounds like you have a robust immune response.

not sure how this bodes for chemo reaction. I never had chemotherapy for my breast cancer, but what I read here often, is that there are many medications and protocols to reduce uncomfortable reactions---I hope you have a positive experience.

let us know how things move along for you.

cheers
su

#vaccinereaction

+ Reply