Radiation and CBD oil

Radiation and CBD oil

Posted by Brighty on Jan 10, 2021 5:41 pm

I'm posting this on behalf of Faith1‍ .  She is not sure how to post in the main forum.    I was wondering if anyone knows if one can take CBD oil while doing radiation treatments.   Thank you so much and please tag either myself or Faith1‍ .
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Re: Radiation and CBD oil

Posted by Runner Girl on Jan 10, 2021 6:51 pm

Brighty‍  and Faith1‍ 

Yes, you can use CBD while having radiation.   I did.  And yes, my radiation doctor was aware of it.

Runner Girl 
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by Brighty on Jan 10, 2021 6:52 pm

Thank you so much Runner Girl‍ ...that is so helpful.  I will let Faith1‍  know!!!!!
Help is out there. All you have to do is reach out.

Posted by Faith1 on Jan 11, 2021 6:02 pm

*Runner girl

thank you for the information. I find the oil is really helping me. It's lowered my blood pressure and sugar levels ( I'm a diabetic), helped with sleeping and anxiety and most of all my mood is much better. Did it help you? If so in what ways?

Posted by Lucy77 on Jan 15, 2021 8:15 am

How do you know which CBD oil to take?
Thanks

Posted by Runner Girl on Jan 15, 2021 9:20 am

Hi Faith1‍ 

I am glad you are finding the CBD oil so helpful.  

Lucy77‍ , perhaps the following will give you some help

I went in search of CBD oil after my 2nd chemo treatment.  I had an episode of losing all of my balance after chemo two.  But the worse was that my appetite was affected and I had been losing weight since my first chemo.  I searched online for a shop that was open on Saturday, found one and off I went.  Guess I looked pretty rough, the guy in the store was immediately affected and took a good amount of time to explore my needs and set me up with a full spectrum CBD oil - high test stuff (2500 mg), well over what someone without cancer would need.  I took the dosage he recommended and a few hours later I found I was feeling better, even hungry.  I used it throughout my treatment and when treatment ended I stopped using it.  

Find a shop, talk with the people there, if you feel comfortable with their knowledge and recommendation great, if not, move on to the next place until you feel satisfied that they have your best health interests in mind.

Runner Girl
Never stop believing in HOPE because MIRACLES happen every day!

Posted by Lucy77 on Jan 15, 2021 10:39 am

Thanks for the info !

Posted by Faith1 on Jan 16, 2021 7:33 am

*Lucy77

Hi Lucy, this is the  the way I got my CBD oil. I contacted someone at BodyStream a company that assists you to get CBD oil.( they are in Hamilton Ontario) I filled out a form with my history and background etc..online. ( Secure site) then they had a doctor call me to discuss everything. He suggested CBD oil with very little trace amounts of THC (full spectrum) He suggested this one as you can measure it a little at a time etc.. We discussed dosage etc.. side effects ( the only one I had was dry mouth ) then they helped me get registered to a place called Spectrum. They emailed my registration for me etc.. Then you shop for it online, order it, it comes right to your door within two days. I was told I could not take it during radiation because it has antioxidants in it, and this would affect the radiation. Now I'm told it could affect my Hormone Blocking drug from working, but they also stated they don't know enough about the CBD oil. I am telling you though I felt so much better while taking it. More relaxed, appetite, sleep, arthritis was better, inflammation, sugar levels, blood pressure, my mood, it was so helpful. I was only taking 60mg daily. I did some research and read that this amount would not be hard on my liver. Apparently you cannot take CBD if you have a damaged liver. This was one of the concerns the doctors had stated, saying taking both the Hormone Drug and the CBD may be too hard on my liver. Any kind of medication passes through your liver. Then I thought, what if I need to take tylenol with muscle relaxers for back pain, celebrex for inflamation etc... Will this not affect my liver?? Now I am in more pain once again and I haven't even started the radiation! I had both my breasts removed and 27 lymph nodes under my right arm. I am still going to do more research because after reading about Letrozole on this site, I am terrified of the side effects. I've already experienced the bone pain while on chemo and it was horrific!! Anyway this is what I experienced and I hope this helps.

Posted by law on Jan 17, 2021 2:46 pm

Hi Faith1‍ , Lucy77‍ , Runner Girl‍  and Fans of CBD,
I, too, tried CBD and THC as gummies, melted in a 1/2 cup of warm water or tea....my Counselor was aware of this --- and I began using it to increase my appetite after radiation to the tongue made it too painful to swallow or chew, and it also was relaxing. It did me a world of good as being in pain I didn't eat enough or drink enough. In addition to the CBD or THC, I  was aided by gargling with a topical anesthetic which numbed my mouth as well.
It can be a challenge to find edible cannabis, so you are wise to use the more readily available oil.
Keep us informed of your experiences. and....Keep on keepin' on.
law

Posted by Faith1 on Jan 18, 2021 8:00 am

law

Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear that the CBD and THC helped you. I tried some THC but it wasn't for me. I am going to try the Letrozole by itself and see how it goes. I am also going to speak to my CBD doctor more and discuss the Letrozole with him. I am not planning to take celebrex, or any anti-inflamatory medications as I cannot. I am super sensitive to all medications and the only thing I can take is Tylenol and antihistamine. I am a big fan of the CBD oil as it helped me in so...many ways. I also have a history of depression and the CBD made me feel so relaxed, happy, slept better, helped my blood pressure which is now going back up because I had to go off of it. Also helped my sugar levels ( I'm a diabetic ) I was only taking 60 mg per day. To not take it because the oncologist says they don't know enough about it, or how it will affect the Letrozole makes me wonder? What about when people take all these other medications such as celebrex, which is known to be full of serious side effects!! I am going to ask the they do a test regarding liver enzynes etc.. and see how it is before I take the oil and then later maybe, if I cannot tolerate these Hormone Blocking medications. I mean being on this for 10 years do to my circumstances is a long time!! Have a good day, and thanks again. Faith1