Concerned

Concerned

Posted by Bear1 on Sep 12, 2020 2:46 pm

Hi,
I'm Bear 1 (Connie). I usually post on "Lung Cancer." But I now have new concerns.

I was diagnosed with lung cancer almost four months ago. I'm finally starting treatment (just radiation, because the tumour is small) on Thursday, September 17.
Apparently, I am too high-risk for surgery. Chemo was not offered.

I was just informed yesterday that one of my scans showed three suspicious findings (which may or may not be cancer) on my colon. I will be having a colonoscopy.
If the finding is cancer, I feel I will be sinking into depression.

I don't know how people deal with multiple cancers, and especially with advanced cancer! I felt I was lucky to just need radiation, but now I am feeling angry and pessimistic.
If I have to go through all of these consults, tests, biopsies, etc. for a new type of cancer, I don't know if I can handle it. I'm not that young.

Thanks for listening. These CCS forums are great for sharing and support!

Re: Concerned

Posted by Wendy Tea on Sep 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Bear1‍  Hi Connie. I had an easy journey but one thing is for certain.  Once your medical team gets their hands on you, they leave no stone unturned.  When you think about it, wouldn't it be awful to fix one problem and ignore everything else? In today's world many cancers can be neutralized or controlled.  I did my best not to get anxious until I knew the diagnosis and treatment plan.  Please try not to think worst case scenario.  I tried not to waste time being scared about things that didn't happen.  Sending positive thoughts to you. 
Healing takes time and opportunity. Wendy Tea