Portacath removal

Portacath removal

Posted by triplepos on Sep 12, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi. I had a port removed in mid July due to my body rejecting it. It was full of inflammation. We are now September and I still feel like the hose is still there. Does anyone else have a port removal that is going through the same.  Also I have a superficial blood cloth at the port site. Wondering if someone out there can relate. I am putting heat on it but sometimes my chest feels tight.  Can’t get in to see my surgeon till next week. 

Re: Portacath removal

Posted by ashcon on Oct 1, 2020 6:00 pm

Hi triplepos‍ 
I'm gonna guess that because no one responded to your post that no one had similar problems with their port, or issues after the port was removed. 
How are you doing? Did this problem get resolved?
---- "Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced." ----

Posted by Buffythevampire on Oct 1, 2020 10:16 pm

triplepos‍ thankfully I didn't have any problems with my port. I remember I was very bruised when I had it placed and I have a small scar from the incision. But the removal was done when I was finished my treatment during a surgery where one breast was reduced/lifted. My Plastic Surgeon was able to removed it without having to cut the spot where the original port incision was. I hope you are on the mend now.

Posted by cancertakesflight on Oct 1, 2020 10:49 pm

triplepos‍ I apologize. I didn't see your post. Although I never had trouble with my port-a-cath I did have trouble with blood clots for something else. 

i trust that you have seen your surgeon by now. If I had seen this earlier I would have recommended that you not use heat and that you should go to emergency. Feeling a tightness in your chest when youve had a blot clot before can be a sign that the clot has moved to your heart or lungs. This is certainly not something like that. As ashcon‍ said, we would really like to hear from you to know if everything is ok.

Please drop a line when ou have a chamce.

cancertakesflight 
Laughter is a lifestyle choice. www.laughterandcancer.com/blog

Posted by triplepos on Oct 2, 2020 8:00 am

I am totally doing ok. I am in good hands.  Thank you all for the responses. Surgeon said that was the reason that a lot of ports are removed