Radiation- preparation

Radiation- preparation

Posted by LGS on Jul 22, 2020 2:09 pm

I finished my last chemo session last week, radiation will start in about a month. Have a telephone call from the radiation oncologist tomorrow for schedule. I am wondering if anyone could tell me what products they  recommend I should buy in advance of treatment as it will be easier to do it now.

Re: Radiation- preparation

Posted by Whitelilies on Jul 23, 2020 8:18 pm

LGS‍ Hello.......You must be so happy chemo is done.....yeah YOU DID IT.....you said in 1 month you start radiation......hopefully this will be easier on you.....
I found radiation was "not that bad".  Some people have side effects that vary......it will depend on "where" the radiation is aimed at......for you....Breast area.
Perhaps buy some soothing lotion (pure/organic) for after a session......you may feel area is drying out.
I had radiation for Colon Cancer.....there was a pre-appointment, for "tattoo marker", so the machine could be pointed in the right spots!  4 markers, to be exact.
I had a bit of constipation....then diarrhea....then bloating.......but all was manageable.
You will SAIL through this part.....perhaps other members can offer suggestions as well, to guide you.

Sending you strength, virtually!

warmly
Lillian

Whitelilies

Re: Radiation- preparation

Posted by SheenaS on Jul 24, 2020 10:02 pm

Hi - I just started radiation after completing chemo for breast cancer. if i may recommend a cream to apply twice daily after your treatment. 

La Roche Posay LIPIKAR. It's very soothing. Make sure it' unscented.

Best,