Let's Talk Hormonal Therapy

Zoladex anyone???

Posted by Kellbella on Aug 5, 2020 9:28 am

I’ve been on tamoxifen for a few months now with few side effects.  I asked for a second opinion about my case since the doctors on PEI refused to order me the oncotype dx test.  The second opinion doctor ordered the oncotype dx for me and my score was 24.  Just under the 25 cut off for chemo.  She recommends that I start monthly injections of Zoladex to put me into early menopause to further reduce my risk of recurrence.  I’m 42.  Anyone with experience with Zoladex?  I asked my PEI onco about it and he said it doesn’t affect your hormones... that it keeps cancer from going to your bones.  .???

Zoladex anyone???

Posted by Lacey_adminCCS on Aug 5, 2020 10:11 am

Kellbella‍ 

Second opinions are a great way to get more information and feel confident in your treatment decisions. Were you able to have a conversation with your Oncologist about the recommendation from the second opinion? 

Kimmy0222‍, Hollykins‍ have shared experience with Zoladex. Here is a link to discussions about the drug: https://cancerconnection.ca/search?query=Zoladex

You can also contact our Cancer Information Helpline for help finding more information about the drug and what it is used for. You can contact them by calling 1-888-939-3333. 

How are you feeling about this treatment change?

Lacey