Post Pembro treatment effects

Post Pembro treatment effects

Posted by Jackson on Mar 31, 2020 9:29 am

I had my first Pembro infusion for lung cancer a week ago. It all went smoothly and I was fine until I got into the car to go home. About ten minuites after we started off, my head began to feel thick, and I became very cold. it felt as if even my  bones were cold. My wife had the car heater on to the point she could barely tolderate it. And I had an ache in the back of my neck and across my shoulders. This lasted for the next hour until I was able to get  home and snuggle under a warm duvet. I slept a great deal through the  next three days until I felt pretty much normal again.

Is this a typical reaction following treatment and can I expect the same thing again after my next treatment?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Post Pembro treatment effects

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Mar 31, 2020 4:55 pm

Hello Jackson‍ and welcome to the site.Happy to hear you have had your first treatment under your belt, less happy to hear of the side effects you are encountering.
Were given any indications from the medical professionals as to what to expect with your treatment?

I am tagging Gord57‍  and livingwithbladdercancer‍  who both have shared that they have been on Pembro and hopefully they can share their experiences

Thanks for reaching out. Keep us posted

Lianne

Posted by Gord57 on Mar 31, 2020 6:28 pm

Hi Jackson‍ ... I've had three infusions of Pembro, usually on the drive home I all-of-a-sudden feel very tired and nap for the rest of the day. The next two days I'm very tired as well.  No neck pain or chills like you describe though. Maybe them know at your next infusion or call the nurse line.

Good luck with treatment! I had issues with my colitis while on Pembro and had to stop the infusions after my third. 

Posted by Lianne_adminCCS on Mar 31, 2020 6:37 pm

Thanks for replying to the tag Gord57‍ !

Lianne

Posted by Jackson on Apr 1, 2020 8:19 am

Gord57‍ Thanksi for your thoughts. I will take it up with the doctor at the prelim to the next one.