Starting treatment

Re: Starting treatment

Posted by Tiggrrrz on Oct 7, 2019 10:19 pm

PS to all.
My sincere apologies to all if I miss mentioning you & your words of encouragement. I’m blaming this on chemo brain from now on. That & er, ummmm, everything else! (Please insert winkie face here).
Pic of my journal attached.....I’m just too darned tired to do anything else today but def make a start tomorrow. Have even saved my hospital “accoutrement” (aka hospital bracelet) for the first page.
Peace out gang o’ mine!
TïGž
Attached files

Posted by Tiggrrrz on Oct 8, 2019 2:24 pm

Hey Brighty‍ 
I would have been honoured to meet with your fiancé. And as for a positive influence, we all have it in us. It’s totally surrounded with either a wall or a trellis of flowers. I’ve just chosen to enjoy my trellis!
Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line. So much to do, so little time in my day. The sun is shining, I’ve just finished my numero dos radiation treatment and finished that off with a pruning session in my wee garden.
Oh, by the way. A pic of the blanket the gifted me in Hamilton courtesy of those wonderful volunteers. I wish they would include an email address for whoever took the time to do this so I could send them a thank you!
Cheers to all. And remember, if you’re behind that wall I would be happy to gift you a sledgehammer! 😉 (I found my winkie face.....yayyyyy!)
TîGž

Posted by Tiggrrrz on Oct 8, 2019 2:38 pm

Whoops! Forgot to attach the pic. Chemo brain wins another round....lol.
Here it is...
TïGž
Attached files

Posted by Tiggrrrz on Oct 8, 2019 3:35 pm

So here is my first kick at the can for my journal.
TïGž
Attached files

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Oct 9, 2019 12:17 pm

No, Tiggrrrz‍ , here it isn’t! - at least I’m not seeing your picture. Did you attach it by using the little landscape icon beside the film icon in the grey bar above the composing box?

Posted by Brighty on Oct 9, 2019 12:51 pm

Cynthia Mac‍  it was her first  journal  entry about her first day going to treatment. .. I saw it.   She was talking about the driver and stuff.  try again? 

Posted by Tiggrrrz on Oct 9, 2019 1:14 pm

Hey Brighty‍ & Cynthia Mac‍ 
Sorry, I forgot to attach....sent in a separate post where I say WHOOPS....lol
TïGž

Posted by Brighty on Oct 9, 2019 1:18 pm

Tiggrrrz‍  i was able to open it.  You wrote about your driver.  

Posted by Tiggrrrz on Oct 9, 2019 1:31 pm

Received some of my scrapbooking items today. I can now begin my personal journal....yayyyyy!!! So excited!
Still waiting on my Bristol board. Also want to make a calendar that’s easily legible to write down my radiation & chemo treatment schedule, other appts, & prob also my temperature, weight gain, blood sugar levels (I’m Type 1 diabetic) and my other....errrr......movements.....lol. It all gets so jumbled day after day I wanted someplace central I could go to & then just take a pic of it when I meet with my Health Team. High five to electronics too! Snap!
Attached pic of my items.....especially love the googly 👀 
TïGž
Attached files

Posted by Cynthia Mac on Oct 9, 2019 1:50 pm

Thanks, Brighty‍  - when I went back, I could see links and get to see the photos.

Tiggrrrz‍ , My Dad's hospital has a single page chart to keep track of all that stuff, and a space or two to write in your own things... I don't want to dash your scrapbooking efforts, but this might help: 

I did a search for it on the hospital's website. The link is https://www.rvh.on.ca/SitePages/searchresults.aspx?k=My%20Health%20Diary

The first option is just the symptom tracker. The second link is the bloodwork tracker, and the third option is the whole booklet. It might save you some time or give you an idea how to lay it out, if you want a bigger version.  Dad uses the pages, and we just take them in to his appointment in his "health notebook" I created for him.

Posted by Tiggrrrz on Oct 9, 2019 5:16 pm

Hey Cynthia Mac‍ 
Thanks for the heads up on this one! Great ideas here!
Cheers mate,
TïGž