Is this "chemo brain"? Mental health side effects?

Re: Is this "chemo brain"? Mental health side effects?

Posted by Elizabeth06 on Sep 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi Marylaf‍ ,
my lobular breast cancer is er/pr +her 2-.  I assume you are triple positive?  Or at least her2+?
i was on letrozole for 2 1/2 years before it failed, then exemestane and everolimus for about 9 months, lots of side effects, not a good experience, then capecitabine, an oral chemo, for 2years and now I am on fulvestrant and ibrance since last October.  I was on pamidronate for three years, then switched to xgeva, which I continue on.  Are you on any kind of biophosphonate?  For your bones?
i have never been on IV chemo because I was diagnosed at stage four.  Lobular Cancer is difficult to detect on scans and mine was never picked up by mammograms, mri or ultrasound.
when all other lines of treatment are exhausted, I will have IV chemo to go to.
i have heard of the procedure you had on your spine, know several people who have had it done, with success.  It is pretty amazing to consider just injecting cement into a fracture and you walk out same day.
i had a scan done last week, so, I am waiting for results.  I am not nearly as anxious these days as I was in the beginning, but, it is on my mind.  We live a weird life.  Waiting for “failure” so much of the time, counting down treatments and what comes next.  And learning to put that worry aside and continue to live our lives with joy and gratitude.  How to balance reality?
I haven’t used CBD or TCH yet, but, I am open to it.  You can’t participate in life if you are sleepless and/or in pain.
Hope the Kadcyla continues to work for you for a good chunk of time!

Advanced cancer and treatments.

Posted by Marylaf on Sep 10, 2019 10:43 pm

Elizabeth06‍ .  I have Her2+. I was on promidrinate for about 4 months. In BC anyone with bone mets is put on it routinely. It is not routine in Ab. I spend part of winter in BC. I went off it cause of the possible side effects if need dental work that cuts into bone. I am not willing to risk jawbone pain for the rest of my life. My teeth are not in good health. 
let us know results of your scan. I hold u in my thoughts. Mary

Re: Is this "chemo brain"? Mental health side effects?

Posted by Cinderella59 on Oct 30, 2019 11:42 pm

Silver‍ I finished chemo end of June 2017. I still have Chemo brain, but it’s not as bad as it was. I’d be talking to someone then I’d forget my train of thought. I’d apologize and say give me a minute but sometimes i wouldn’t remember what I was going to say. Lol. 
id have to keep on talking so I would remember what I wanted to say. It can be frustrating sometimes. 

Thanks for listening. 
Cindy