Post Surgery Diet

Post Surgery Diet

Posted by gem1007 on Mar 10, 2019 1:41 am

Hi there,

I'm finding that my husband is experiencing a lot of cramps. And he also goes back and forth from the extreme of constipation to diarrhea.

For background context he had a cystoprostatectomy (bladder and prostate removal) and his bowels are still recovering (he was off of solids and liquids for 15 days post surgery).
He also has lost a lot of weight, so we are trying to get him to gain more wait. The dietician has recommended meal replacement drinks, but we have to be selective with those because he is also lactose intolerant.

Does anyone have recommendations/tips for diet or recipes to share.

Thanks!

Re: Post Surgery Diet

Posted by cancertakesflight on Mar 21, 2019 11:31 pm

gem1007‍ Thank you for your question. I have several friends who struggled to keep their weight up. One person had tongue cancer and the other one started with endometrial cancer that ultimately spread to other parts of her body. The latter drank a lot of meal replacement drinks. The other one had a feeding tube while she was recovering.

Since I have not had any personal experience with eating and losing weight, I am tagging WesT‍ and JamesT‍  to see if they can provide some insight. 

cancertakesflight (Debbie)

Share with your friends: