Paclitaxel

Re: Paclitaxel

Posted by Joanie on Mar 26, 2019 12:13 am

SUCCESS:  I just completed 12 weekly rounds of Paclitaxel, .........No numbness or tingling. (neuropathy)   I  attribute this success  to  sitting  with ice on my hands and feet for the duration of the treatment plus during the flush.  This lasted about an hour and 15 minutes. 

Re: Paclitaxel

Posted by Essjay on Mar 26, 2019 9:31 am

Hi Hocklem‍ glad to hear the Paclitaxel is going ok. I had my third dose last week.
I’ve had no problems with bloods (I’ve put that down to being fit and healthy coming into this journey), or allergies receiving the drug.
I too have found the joint pain rough - CBD oil (which I built up to) and mindfulness meditation have helped me.
The neuropathy is bad for me - all fingers affected and last time as I lay there receiving chemo I could feel the nerve endings dying off in my big toes... ping, ping, ping... and my feet tingle like they’ve been affected by the cold, which makes walking challenging! Typing accuracy is gone- thank goodness for spellcheck and dictation for texts is my saviour! I use a stylus for social media- I’m adapting!
i had my dose reduced after the first - it’s definitely helped with the fatigue but not much else.
Good luck with your next round