Vitamin C infusions for tumors

Vitamin C infusions for tumors

Posted by DaisyCure on Jan 31, 2019 4:25 pm

Hello. Im a family member of a cancer patient. My 80 yr old mom is going through squamous cell anus cancer treatments. Besides it's a debilitating and extremely painful region for enduring the growth.. she's also following traditional route of treatment combo radiation and chemo. Chemo is wks 1 and wk 6 for five days each time. She hated the chemo that she had initial week. If it were up to me I'd encourage her to take vitamin C infusions paired only with the radiation. Does anyone have any experience in using Vitamin C therapy? I've read on it extensively and truly believe in it as a complementary or adjunct therapy. Thx.

Re: Vitamin C infusions for tumors

Posted by ashcon on Jan 31, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi DaisyCure‍ 

I'm sorry to hear your mom had such a hard time with her first round of chemo. I read some of your other posts and it made me think - have you, or your mother, told her doctors about the tough time she had with the chemo?  Very often, they can adjust the dose or the timing without impacting efficacy of the treatment.

I am not personally familiar with your mother's type of cancer, or with Vit C infusions, but I do a bit of reading on cancer-treatment options that are out there.  I have come to the conclusion that the most trust-worthy information on any type of treatment (for cancer or otherwise) is evidence-based research and findings and apparently:

"...no evidence in humans that vitamin C increases the cancer cure rate, said Dr. Stephen Sagar, a radiation oncologist at McMaster University and past president of the Society for Integrative Oncology."

I think if you want to find information on the internet, or elsewhere, that indicates Vitamin C infusions will work for your mother, then you will find it.   It is recommended that you follow this Guide to Credible Internet Info before trusting what you read.

Re: Vitamin C infusions for tumors

Posted by ACH2015 on Jan 31, 2019 5:55 pm

DaisyCure‍ 

I echo what ashcon‍ said in her post.
I have copied one of my recent posts for you below.

The only people that benefit from these unproven medical claims are the people that sell them to you. Conventional medical treatments and therapies have their limitations, however they have been proven to work based on proper scientific research and clinical trials. The data is published and is freely available as well. Not so with these unproven claims.

The sad fact is that you or I could set up a slick looking website, take a picture of ourselves in a lab coat and claim whatever I want to sell will cure - anything. 

Do your research, ask your questions and make educated decisions.  it could save your life.

Distrust of institutions fuels medical myths, and social media only reinforces false claims

Posted by ACH2015 on Jan 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Fresh from the CBC website.

There's an epidemic of bogus health claims online, and no easy cure.

Very good food for thought, and the articles within these articles just keep giving good honest, accurate and disturbing information about non scientifically based health claims.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/there-s-an-epidemic-of-bogus-health-claims-online-and-no-easy-cure-1.4695898

Keep informed and be well as you can by doing so.

ACH2015 - Andy.

Share with your friends: