Zoledronic Acid Infusion Fatigue

Zoledronic Acid Infusion Fatigue

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Jan 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Wow, I had my Zoledronic Acid Infusion treatment today and forgot what the fatigue feels like.  No wonder I was wiped out after my chemo and radiation treatments and could not get myself going back to work.  I haven't had fatigue like this in a long time.  Feels weird.

Re: Zoledronic Acid Infusion Fatigue

Posted by Pickles on Jan 22, 2019 9:57 am

Wow, I certainly didn't  get that side effect.  I had my second infusion the day before we left for Mexico last week.  Absolutely no problems with the infusion - no aching, no tiredness.  That is what is so interesting about this journey.   No two people are affected the same way.

Are your treatments every 6 months as mine are?  I assume you are triple negative as well.

scaredysquirrel‍ 

Posted by scaredysquirrel on Jan 23, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi, yes mine is every 6 months.  It was not too bad this time. Pretty fast too

Posted by Essjay on Apr 15, 2019 6:54 pm

My oncologist has recommended this drug - anything I should know scaredysquirrelPickles‍ .?

Posted by Kims1961 on Apr 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Essjay‍ I'm getting this infusion every 6 months as well.  I've had 2 infusions so far and so far so good. I had a few side effects - but wasn't sure if it was the Herceptin or the Zometa or Letrozole!  Too many meds to choose from.  I've attached a document from BC Cancer that has some good info.  The positives so far are outweighing the negatives.

Good luck!  Kim

http://www.bccancer.bc.ca/drug-database-site/Drug%20Index/Zoledronic%20acid_monograph.pdf

Posted by Essjay on Apr 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Thanks Kims1961‍ - my oncologist gave me the same info today. I’m up for it - anything that helps reduce the chance of return. There’s not much on offer for TNBC! I’m high risk for osteoporosis due to premature ovarian failure and family history so it seems like double positive!

Share with your friends: