Let's Talk Radiation

Re: Let's Talk Radiation

Posted by caroontario on Jun 17, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Yogi‍ 
My husband as a limited small cell lung cancer , between Jan. and Feb. of this year he received 30 Radiation treatments and he did have some mild issues with swallowing but only during the last 10 days of treatments . I can't remember the name of the liquid he took but it was a white creamy liquid ( prescription ) and it worked also help reduce acid. My husband also developed a cough and the doctor prescribe a low dose of codeine ( 15 mg ) similar to what you would get in a Tylenol 1 and it curbs the cough. The last 10 days were the most demanding and he was more tired. But a few weeks after radiation he was back to normal activities.
Take care and just take it on day at the time and sometimes 1 hour at the time :) 
Carole

Posted by JustJan on Jun 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Cynthia Mac‍ Glaxal Base is really good and not expensive.  You can even get it at Costco.  I started using it a week before treatments to help condition my skin.  It is cooling and soothing and it is free of chemicals and lanolin.  

Posted by Silver on Jul 10, 2019 1:06 am

I'm meeting with my radiology oncologist next week - intake meeting. 

I'm wondering if a medication I currently take is going to be a problem - one of the side effects is that I sunburn in minutes. I can hardly go outside during the day unless I'm covered up - I'll have a bad burn in about 15-20 minutes. 

I assume that the radiation is different from U/V, but I also know all energy is on a spectrum, so I'm assuming this could be something to worry about.