Cannabis oil

Cannabis oil

Posted by Aviva on Feb 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi everyone,
recently I read an article regarding cannabis oil curing liver cancer. Is there any way I can buy some? Has anyone tried this? I cannot give up even the oncologist is going to give him up.
Thank you.
Aviva

Re: Cannabis oil

Posted by Belanos on Feb 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Aviva‍ 

Here's an address where you can get information about medical marijuana, and some of it's derivatives.

https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/drugs-health-products/medical-use-marijuana/procedures-accessing-cannabis-medical-purposes-licensed-producer.html

Please don't start thinking that cannabis oil will cure your cancer. While there have been some promising results in some studies, there is still not enough known about the healing effects to be able point to any real cure. Give it a try by all means, but don't sacrifice the regular procedures that your oncologist has set out for you. The current medical protocols being used right now are the only scientifically proven ones to get results against cancer. Anything else should be attempted as a supplement, not as a replacement.

Posted by merry on Feb 11, 2018 9:31 am

Hello- I agree with Belanos. There have not been enough studies on any homeopathic "medicine" to really show any relation between curing cancer with pot. There are way too many ads and articles claiming to cure cancer. They are most likely an attempt to sell you something. Following traditional science is your best chance. If you are anxious or have PTSD then these products work very, very well.
It's upsetting to read these types of ads or articles because they give false hope. I find that criminal.

Posted by MalcolmS on Feb 11, 2018 3:39 pm

Aviva‍  I've posted several articals about cannabis as I'm a big believer in using it as an aid to treatment.

There are lots of claims of Rick Simpson/Phoenix tears helping people survive cancer, and our bodies have a cannaniboidal system that CBD and THC are well suited to stimulate our natural immune system. 

But it is rarely a cure to cancer in of itself. 

There are also anecdotal stories of carrot diets curing cancer, and dental work, and blueberries, and black raspberries, and mistletoe, and, and, and...

Every person is different and every cancer are different.  It may very well be a path to cure for some, and I encourage people to try cannabis for yourself as an adjunct therapy. 

A very major problem with medical cannabis is that there is great variance in plant to plant and crop to crop consistency.  There are hundreds of different cannaboids in a plant, and science is still learning how they all impact the body.  So without being able to keep the chemistry of the plants consistent, its very very hard to make medical study of effectiveness.

My opinion is cannabis can not be used as a replacement for chemo/radiation/medical treatments.

It is proven/great for: pain (helping to avoid prescription morphine/etc), appetite, nausea, sleep, anxiety, and reducing swelling.  Keeping all those issues under control is also an important part of your path.

And there are many medical studies that suggest cannabis is anti-cancerous, but given the plant to plant variance, its not anywhere close to chemo/radiation for reliability or effectiveness.

In our case, my wife had stage 4 rectal cancer that had already metasticised to her liver and peritoneum that was diagnosed as terminal on discovery.  So I have done a ton of research on cannabis (and all those other holistic options), looking for 'out of the box' potentials to help.

Our treatment method was that in additon to taking cannabis oil orally, I was also making cannabis suppositories for her in hopes that it would shrink her rectal tumor, and we were giving her a high dosage.  But it did not shrink her tumors.  We were unsuccessful.

Different strains will give very different effects.  Sativa is generally energizing, Indica is generally relaxing.  CBD does not make you feel high, THC does make you feel high.  You will find that there are all kinds of combinations. 

CBD actually 'normalizes' the high from THC, so if you take a strain that has a lot of both types, you will feel less high than if you take a strain that is only THC.  As a generalization THC shows the most anti-cancer potential, but that is hardly "proven science". 

Smoking/vaping gives an almost instant effect, but only lasts a relatively short time (30 - 90 minutes). 

Eating oil is easier to manage dosage (eye dropper to know exactly how much you are getting), but you won't feel effects until about 60 minutes later, but oil lasts much longer 4-6 hours.  Absorbing it under your tongue instead of swallowing will help avoid your liver and so greatly reduces the feeling of being high (so if you want to use a THC strain but avoid feeling high, ensure it also has a CBD content and absorb is slowly under your tongue).

If you decide to use cannabis, I wouldn't suggest buying from a local vape shop (pesticides are often used in grow ops).

1) talk to your oncologist and make sure they agree that its OK to try and won't conflict with your current treatments, our experience was they had no training/knowledge so didn't want to be directly responsible for prescribing, but had no problem with us using it.  That was much the same throughout our journey, even in the hospital there was open acceptance of its use. 

2) HERE is a list of suppliers licensed by the government, you cannot buy directly from them without a prescription, but start by looking them over, you can find a website for them all and do a little research about which one might be a good supply for you (check if they offer oil, look at the information online and see if it informs you of what symptoms you want to treat, check prices, phone them and talk to their customer support for your questions).  Pick one or two that you like before contacting the clinic.

3) Search out a cannabis medical clinic in your area, we used Greenleaf Clinic in Langley BC which I know can actually support you remotely across the country if you can't find anything local

4)  ask your GP/oncologis for a medical referral to that clinic 

5)  The clinic's medical doctor will want to arrange an examination/consultation, and then will send a prescription directly to a supplier of your choice in 2 above.

6)  you can order online and the supplier will have choices for shipment (Canada Post/Purolator/etc) 

Its a lot of info, but hopefully that helps. 

Posted by MalcolmS on Feb 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Oh, one more important note, simply because it was a big deal in our case.

Many of the meds prescibed for dealing with the side effects of chemo are constipating.  And that turns into a big big problem.

Cannabis generally does not cause constipation.

Every person, every case is unique, trying to find the treatment that suites you best is a real challange.

Posted by merry on Feb 12, 2018 8:00 am

Hi MalcolmS‍  Great points!! I have found it very helpful with my PTSD anxiety and getting me through test anxiety. Thanks!

Posted by Joe-Eddy on Feb 12, 2018 9:07 am

I am living proof that cannabis does not cure or prevent cancer. I have smoked the Mary Jane for forty years pretty well everyday. I still have cancer so that right there tells me it does not do what the hype says it does. However as a side effects control I do believe it is way better than any of the prescription drugs which in themselves have all kinds of side effects. The big thing is getting it covered under your prescription drug plan. I do not know why this is a prescription is a prescription but big pharmaceutical companies drive that legislation. There is so much money involved that they will literally kill to keep whatever share of the market they may have. Great discussion something that definitely needs to be talked about. Cheers.
Joe-Eddy Cancer Warrior

Posted by Warriorprincess on Feb 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Interesting thread, agree 100% ,  not a  miraculous cure..... but 
some interesting plus as well. Smoking is not the same as ingesting. Different effect. I agree with Merry, it can be calming 
Compassion has no limit , kindness has no enemy

Posted by MalcolmS on Feb 12, 2018 2:17 pm

Just like tobacco, there are carcinogens in cannabis when smoked from a flower/bud form that get internalized when inhaling the smoke.  So I'm not sure there can be a anti-cancer benefit from lifelong smoking, when its being offset by the cancer-causing components of smoking organics.

The vast majority of those carcinogens are not present when cannabis is processed in oil form (watch for new pill forms coming out, CBD available now, and THC coming out soon)

Something like 2,800 Canadians died from opiods in 2017, zero deaths associated with cannabis overdose.

Near the end, we did put Meilin on hydromorphone as it was easier to administer through IV and faster acting as her pain would ramp up quickly and she had pretty much lost the ability to swallow, but through 95% of her battle and especially at home, the cannabis was able to handle her symptoms much better than presciption morphine.

I was spending about $100 - $200/month on the cannabis oil we were using, so while it isn't covered by health care, the cost wasn't a problem for our household budget.

Posted by Aviva on Feb 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Thank you so much for all the information. Currently there’s no treatment available for my husband and the tumour is growing. I just don’t want to give up. Try something is better than waiting to die.

Posted by Al_XB on Feb 15, 2018 4:19 pm

I was told by someone that had back surgery that cannabis oil helped him with pain. He said a couple of drops and he could manage to get out of bed.  As for curing forms of cancer? Highly unlikely. 

Posted by sanbaral on Feb 16, 2018 12:13 pm

My husband recently started using Phoenix Tears. He has been battling cancer for the past 5 yrs, ups and downs with traditional methods chemo rad, immunotherapy so they he doesnt have many options left. My friend s aunt had breast/ liver cancer and she was referred to palliative. Her family tried the phoenix tears (see rick simpson s blog) and not only did it stop her cancer as it was aggressive) it has now reduced it to half it s size and she feels great. I cannot say it works as my husband just started this, but you have to give yourself a couple of weeks to get used to it. If I didn't hear "straight from the horse s mouth" I would be a little skeptical. We bought ours from a place in Vancouver, there is a doctor md in vaughan that will visit with you and make recommendations as to which oil strain you should use. I am also looking into the Cimavex vaccine .... at this point we are grasping at straws as we meet with the palliative team next week.  

Posted by sanbaral on Feb 16, 2018 12:18 pm

For anyone that has Sunlife as an insurance provider, they have approved medicinal marijuana for coverage. (figures OTIP just changed to Manulife).

Posted by Aviva on Apr 7, 2018 2:11 pm

sanbaral:
My husband recently started using Phoenix Tears. He has been battling cancer for the past 5 yrs, ups and downs with traditional methods chemo rad, immunotherapy so they he doesnt have many options left. My friend s aunt had breast/ liver cancer and she was referred to palliative. Her family tried the phoenix tears (see rick simpson s blog) and not only did it stop her cancer as it was aggressive) it has now reduced it to half it s size and she feels great. I cannot say it works as my husband just started this, but you have to give yourself a couple of weeks to get used to it. If I didn't hear "straight from the horse s mouth" I would be a little skeptical. We bought ours from a place in Vancouver, there is a doctor md in vaughan that will visit with you and make recommendations as to which oil strain you should use. I am also looking into the Cimavex vaccine .... at this point we are grasping at straws as we meet with the palliative team next week.  

Hi there,
I live in Winnipeg and I am going to order some simpson oil on line  
I am a little confused which oil I should order since there are so many options on the website. Is there anyone I can consult on this? My husband is having low fever every day for 3 months now and he is getting weaker and weaker. I don't have too much time to waste. Hydromorphone is not working for him.  If you tried this oil, could you please share some information? I am so frustrated since there is no treatment in Winnipeg here at all.

Thank you very much.

Aviva

Posted by Maraki on Jan 4, 2019 3:16 pm

Hello,

Is there any information on how to take / how often to take the phoenix oil .

Posted by sgt. pepper on Jan 27, 2019 6:16 pm

Wow!!  That's the first I've heard of your news.  I have had three bouts of stage III Melanoma with treatments, including surgery, radiation and most recently immunotherapy (Keytruda).  I have been cancer free for the last two years and the immunotherapy was the most successful treatment to date.  How does the cannabis oil work, do  you ingest it or what?  I would like to hear more about this approach, since I'm dreading a fourth recurrence.  

Sgt. Pepper

Posted by Elsie13 on Feb 11, 2019 3:24 pm

Cannabis products can be very dangerous! 

marijuana lollipop caused a heart attack: https://nationalpost.com/news/how-a-marijuana-lollipop-caused-a-heart-attack-doctors-warn-edibles-can-cause-major-risk-to-people-with-heart-problems 

"....lollipop containing 90 mg of THC, the psychoactive component of pot. A typical joint contains about seven mg."  Robyn Beck / AFP

And: 

Quebec launches awareness campaign on the risks of cannabis

https://montrealgazette.com/news/quebec/quebec-health-ministry-launches-risk-awareness-campaign-on-cannabis

Share with your friends: