+ Reply
How has cancer and treatments affected your eating?
heather1
145 Posts
How have cancer and treatments affected your eating? What did you find helped?
3 Replies
Del
10 Posts
My husband is undergoing chemo for stomach cancer.  He is only able to eat small amounts of food and has no real appetite.  He is not getting more than 1100 calories a day.  It's very difficult.  Any help?
luckylady
4 Posts

Hi Del,
1 year post-op for colon cancer and I still eat small potions throughout the day. Seems anything processed, fat, spicy, raw fruits and vegetables, and milk products will go right through me. Having said that I cook and bake everything from scratch, package everything in small portions and freeze it, then I have a good variety to chose from. Since I eat such a small amount I want to make sure that whatever I eat is nutricious. My weight is good, energy is good, blood work is good. I'm probably healthier then I've ever been. I take calcium suppliments. My cholesterol level has never been better.
I don't feel that I'm lacking anything.
Lydie
wildfire
9 Posts
After 1st day of chemo Im eating alright mostly small meals mostly from the BRAT diet, bland chicken, rice, a banana and some raw cashews.  I was so lucky to have my sister along and that made it an easier experience.  I gather the next chemo drano as I like to call it wont be so easy but I hope I will eat small amounts to keep myself going. Truly I wish us all the easier road on this unwanted journey, jeez am I getting chemo brain fog already (:
+ Reply