+ Reply
Introduction
Dabber99
2 Posts

First let me tell you a bit about me. I am a caregiver for my wife who was diagnosed with lung cancer in Sept 2021. She is currently dealing with some metastasis on her neck & adrenal gland. Today we meet, again, with her oncologist & pain doctor to review the results of her CT scan on Monday.

1 - my wife is a retired cancer nurse who worked in both Chemo & Radiation for over 30 years. She now is experiencing the other side of the fence.

2 - my wife & I met while taking curling lessons 43 years ago, married for 42 years

3 - my wife & I are blessed to have 2 children, 3 grand children and many many friends we call family

4 Replies

@Dabber99
Hello and welcome to the community. Thank you for your introduction. You will find many caregivers on here as well as many with a lung cancer diagnosis.

Your wife's many years as a cancer nurse will no doubt serve her well but understand how it must feel to see it from the other side.

42 years! That is phenomenal. Congratulations.

Wishing you well with your appointment today. Let us know how it goes as you are comfortable.

Lianne

supersu
1580 Posts

@Dabber99
awww…sounds like you two are a perfect match. how lovely that you found each other so many years ago.

along with @Lianne_Moderator, I'm sending my best vibes to you both.

let us know if we can support either/both of you as your story continues. this community is here for you both. always.

hugs
su

#welcomenewmembers #caregiverspouse #nurseisnowthepatient

Sadie12
298 Posts

@Dabber99 - Welcome. Imagine meeting your life's lovematch at a curling match…so wonderful.

Most survivor's reading this intro will have the same reaction as me…because we owe a debt of gratitude to all our wonderful cancer nurses, with a lot of affection.

I wish you both the very best.

Sadie

law1
770 Posts

@Dabber99 and to your wife as well,

She and you are such a joined couple for so many years, and her experience on both sides of the cancer fence must be rather illuminating, yet challenging for both of you.

This is a grand site of supportive people and I hope to read more posts of your progress.

+ Reply