+ Reply
Sister got cancer
Sourira
1 Posts
My sister got y told she got cancer and she start chemio this friday. She got peritoine cancer. I want to understand and know how to be supportive
2 Replies
Whitelilies
2745 Posts

@Sourira Bonjour/Hello Sourira and welcome from QC! Nous sommes ici pour vous supportez et votre soeur. We are a caring community, eager to listen and share and support one another.

I am sorry to hear of your sisters' diagnosis……glad you found us.

Si vous voulez lire ou ecrire en francais, regarder a:

ParlonsCancer.ca (Tous en francais)

I believe, with what you shared, your sister has Peritoneal Cancer.

Hope this info is helpful/you asked to understand it better (ie location)

Peritoneal cancer is a rare cancer that develops in the peritoneum, a thin, delicate sheet that lines the inside wall of the abdomen and covers the uterus and extends over the bladder and rectum. The peritoneum is made of epithelial cells.

You asked for ways to support her:

If you live near to your sister…..can you drive her to chemo appts? and pick her up?…..help her, to make a “comfy area” at home……first one/bed area……comfy warm blanket, on table = water, meds, glasses, phone, tv converter, book, lip balm, etc……comfy area #2, ie living room….a lazy boy chair…/recliner……same things; blanket/slippers/book on table, meds, water, etc…..all within arms reach……

Keep notes of phone numbers, whom to call, if she may not feel well, ie on the weekend, from the chemo….just be on top of her appts/contacts etc…stock up her pantry with canned goods/stock up her freezer with her fave meals/stock up the pharmacy needs too….ie toothpaste, advil, etc…one less outing, in winter, will be very appreciated.

Take time for yourself…….on veut vous aidez!

Please meet @Runner Girl Kindly, could you share you list of what to bring to chemo first session here please, and thank you, for @Sourira , her sister begins Chemo on Friday, and wants to learn more, to help her…..much appreciation.

Si vous avez des questions……on va repondre a vous.

Welcome Sourira

Whitelilies

#Sister of patient

Whitelilies
2745 Posts

@Sourira Bonjour encore……Sourire is to laugh! I luv your screen name…….we are all here, for you and your sister! She is so lucky to have you in her life!

Whitelilies

+ Reply