+ Reply
SLL/CLL
MBBB
2 Posts

Skip to Main Content

CancerConnection.ca

A year ago I was diagnosed with Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma in early stages and therefore did not receive any treatment. This past June I noticed that my lymphnodes on my neck and under my armpits were getting bigger real fast. My GP said to monitor it for a few weeks - but the discomfort got worse with severe back pain as well. My physiotherapist wrote me a note and sent me to the ER where they did a CT Scan and then a biopsy on my neck. A few days later, mid July, I started chemo. After 2 rounds I ended up in hospital for 17 days with severe diverticulitis. Currently, I am regaining a bit of strength at home but soon the next chemo looms…

2 Replies

@MBBB I'm sorry to hear what you are going through and am so glad that someone agreed with you and sent you to ER. I am glad you are getting the treatment that you need but so sorry to hear that it has triggered something else that put you in the hospital.

Your circumstances demonstrates just how unique a cancer experience can be. As for chemo, if your bloodwork meet certain standards you won't be able to have your chemo. Is your oncologist aware of everything you are going through? There may options for what you can do to reduce your side effects going forward.

Please let me know how you are doing. Just type @ followed by my name. A list will appear for you to select my name and when you select it my name will turn blue.

Hang in there.

cancertakesflight

MBBB
2 Posts

@cancertakesflight
Got really good news yesterday: chemo is postponed until after New Year so I can get my strength back to pre-treatment level. I am so happy about this!

+ Reply