+ Reply
Introduction
MLB
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a 46F recently diagnosed with IDC (ER+ HER2-) and just had my lumpectomy and axillary node dissection yesterday. Feeling wiped but recovering ok.

I am so happy to have found this wonderful site and supportive group!
2 Replies

@MLB I'm so glad to hear that you found us and that you already feeling supported. There's nothing like communicating with people who have been through similar experiences.

I'm glad to hear that you are recovering nicely. It's amazing how much energy the body needs to heal not to mention the energy used from a mental and emotional perspective.

Please don't try to do too much too soon, but remember to do any stretches you are told to do once you get the thumbs up to get started.

Please, if you are willing, let us know how you are doing and if you have any questions.

cancertakesflight

supersu
1108 Posts

@MLB

good morning and welcome to this community!

your post brought me right back in time to my surgery date, (march 2020).
hard to believe that time has passed so quickly. I am happy to share any part of my story with you.

my experience was really positive with my lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy. I hope you are the same.

as @cancertakesflight suggests - gentle exercise is fantastic to keep things moving and maintain your ROM. I actually began a very mild yoga class on zoom and that worked like a charm.

you should get some results soon. that will clarify the upcoming months for you.

have a great & restful weekend.
make sure you let others cook/clean for you…..or if that's not possible - order in! ha ha
this is a time to treat 'yoself. surgery is a huge milestone….congrats on that.

cheers
su

#welcomenewmembers #breastcancer #lumpectomy #surgeryDONE

+ Reply