+ Reply
Sharing a Globe and Mail Article (Jan 12 2022)
Whitelilies
1901 Posts
12 Replies
Coco7
9 Posts

Thanks for sharing as I’m sitting here waiting for my MRI so I can have my further surgery 😢

Whitelilies
1901 Posts

@Coco7 Hello……I hope your MRI goes smoothly….. times are truly challenging, and it is wonderful, when any test/scan is done….I am terrified my upcoming CT scan will be cancelled……covid sucks!

Whitelilies

J1f2s3
11 Posts

Thank you very much for sharing.I hope my CT scan for next week is not canceled

Puffin
35 Posts

Thanks. I have a CT scan scheduled for early February to assess if the Immunotherapy is working or not. Guess we'll see how that goes. Too many of us in a similar position at the moment, I'm sure.

@J1f2s3

Hello - checking in to see how your scan went this week?

@Puffin - wishing you well for your upcoming scan

Lianne

J1f2s3
11 Posts

@Lianne_Moderator

@Puffin

My scan went okay. I was surprised when I was told I had to drink two litres of contrast which was thick and tasted like metal. Not good after fasting since midnight, difficult to keep down. And then another contrast by injection . I tolerated both now the waiting game for the results. Thank you very much for inquiring!!

Jeff

Hound your healthcare care team. Express your fears and anxiety over the delay call daily if you need to. Asked to be put on a cancellation list. It’s your health fight for it. My daughter and I do just that for her. She’s worth fighting for and so are you. Tell them you’ll go somewhere else for the tests at a moments notice. Be flexible and be persistent. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Mosi
14 Posts

@J1f2s3 I am glad everything went well for you having the test as scheduled. I call this the pee your pants chew on tin foil test. As they inject that contrast the warmth flowing through your body hits your groin and feels like you’re peeing. The tin foil is that metal taste.
I have cancer running rampant in my family so I was very relieved to have these complete scans to rule out additional cancers.

J1f2s3
11 Posts

@Mosi

Well glad it was in the morning and not too many people were around.Yes I’m just putting my best foot forward and hoping for the best but prepared for the worst . Lot Cancer in my family Dad ,mom passed with colon cancer, 2 brothers rectal cancer.Now my turn to run the journey. Although I’m the one who has beaten my cancer so far. Knock on wood .

Mosi
14 Posts

@J1f2s3 Keep us posted on results. I am truly amazed (and grateful) at how advanced we are in treatments. By the time I am done I will have completed the “big 3”. Chemo, surgery and radiation. Something I never really wanted to be an expert on but ready or not here we go.

Oriole
18 Posts

All

My most recent experience as follows:

Jan 13 - Dr appt, told they would set up a ct scan within the next 2 weeks

Jan 21 - CT scan appointment at local hospital. I walked in 15 min early and there was nobody ahead of me. They took me early and as I was leaving the next patient came in. This was at 9:15 am. My last scan was the same scenario, (had it earlier then appt time)

This is in the Golden Horsehoe area of Ontario. I’m thinking that was pretty quick.

Oriole

J1f2s3
11 Posts

@Mosi @Oriole

I shall keep up with progress as they continue to provide me with them. I can attest to Radiation and Chemotherapy never would begrudge anyone with that

+ Reply