+ Reply
Uterine cancer
Cajonat
6 Posts

HI, my name is Natalie. I'm 56 years old and have diagnosed (last Friday Nov 12) with uterine cancer - final biopsy strongly suggestive of high grade serous carcinoma. I have my appointment with the oncologist next Thursday. I am terrified. I feel perfectly fine, but just had watery discharge that started late May this year. Got in to the gynecologist on Nov 8 as this discharge returned. I am a nurse and Dr. Google is not doing me any favours right now. Thank you for reading this.

13 Replies
Dave58
290 Posts

@Cajonat I'm sorry you had the need to find us, but we welcome you with open arms. This is your safe place where you can chat, rant, cry or ask ANY question you feel you need an answer to. We're a Family here and now You're a part of it. As a Family we'll be with you every step of the way.

I'm sorry that I can't help you with your situation so I'm going to tag some wonderful Ladies I believe can help. @ChloeM @BeeKind @Lollipop Help will be on theway

ChloeM
20 Posts

Hi ! I have high grade from low grade stromal sarcoma. A soft tissue sarcoma of a different nature.

I don't know how much help i can be. I'm very new to the process also. But @Boby1511 is a wealth of information and support.

I however am here anytime you need me. You can d.m me anytime . Do not ever hesitate.

Whitelilies
1667 Posts

@Cajonat Hi Natalie…..

Please meet another member: @Boby1511 Thank you so much, if you could share your experiences, here, to support our new member……on a similar path…….much appreciation! We all value, your input! Thx.

Whitelilies

Boby1511
720 Posts

@ChloeM

Look at you tagging already! I didn't do that one for months!

@Whitelilies

Thank you both for thinking of me. I responded on the other post just now.

I love to share. Thanks again.

a3a
92 Posts

Hi Natalie,

Just reaching out to say hello from Vancouver Island. I was diagnosed with high grade uterine cancer a couple of years ago. I remember how it was hard to stay away from Dr. Google. I found that having a hobby (I make cards to donate to various charities) helped me relax. I did word searches, and I signed up for Britbox and watched old British comedies--a little laughter every day is good for the soul. You will find your own ways to cope, and the uterine cancer group on this site is here to support you, as it did me. Sending a cyber hug from the coast, Ginny

Boby1511
720 Posts

@a3a

Britbox! Me too! And acorn.

Hugs

Raintwist
31 Posts

Hi Natalie, and welcome…you will find this site sooOOoo helpful!. I know I did. Last March I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer. Next week is my 6month checkup, post radiation. The wonderful folks here answered my questions when I asked, and often when I didn't. (I lurk, a lot) Take care, let me know if I can help.

a3a
92 Posts

hi Natalie, just popping in to see how you are doing. You were going to have your appt. with the oncologist shortly when you last posted. Thinking of you today on Vancouver Island, Ginny

a3a
92 Posts

I hear you, Boby, I'm enjoying Season 6 of Shetland, and rewatching the Poirot movies on Britbox. Last of the Summer Wine, a very old comedy set in Yorkshire, is delightful. It's good to laugh a bit every day!

Boby1511
720 Posts

@a3a

shetland yup!

u try Vera? Can you believe she’s 75 and still going on that series!

Cajonat
6 Posts

Thanks everyone…surgery on Dec 7th, will know staging after that…then chemotherapy possible radiation - looking forward to getting this piece of anatomy out of me! Thanks for sharing your stories…

I am 66 and had my total hysterectomy on sept 24 2021. Very little pain and stopped bleeding after only 4 days. My cervical cancer also considered to be high grade. My oncologist hinted that most cervical cancers are considered high grade. So be happy they found it and you are doing something about it. Carry on keeping on. :)

+ Reply