+ Reply
Introduction
Tasha^
3 Posts

Hi, my name is Natasha. I'm 40 years old. I was just diagnosed last week with breast cancer, invasive lobular carcinoma and my surgery is on December 1st.This is still a shock to me, some days I feel positive and think “I got this” and sometimes I wonder what if “I don't got this”. Is there anyone here with this type of breast cancer?

5 Replies
Dave58
290 Posts

@Tasha^ I'm sorry you had the need to find us, but we welcome you with open arms. This is your safe place where you can chat, rant, cry or ask ANY question you feel you need an answer to. We're a Family here and now You're a part of it. As a Family we'll be with you every step of the way.

I can't help you with your type of cancer so I'll introduce some wonderful Ladies that can. Meet @WandaWoman @JustJan @ashcon and @supersu Hang in there digital help is on the way !

ashcon
2021 Posts

Hi Tasha^

Yes! Fluctuating feelings, emotions, are par for the course with a cancer diagnosis. The wisest words I heard when I was diagnosed myself back in summer 2017 with stage 3 IDC Triple Negative breast cancer was that dealing with cancer is 10% physical and 90% emotional. The good news is that the doctors have a pretty good handle and training on dealing with the physical. If you can focus on maintaining your sanity, your grounding (and even your humour at times! ) then it's not so daunting.

I'm going to tag @Wisesage and Mary Lamb who I believe have ILC (Invasive Lobular Carcinoma) and may be able to offer some wisdom and answer any questions you may have.

What do you know about what they are doing for your surgery?

Wisesage
11 Posts

@Tasha I just had my surgery a couple of days ago. I not only have ILC but triple negative so hopefully my results come out well. It is a lot to process but just know you want those tumours begone! Whatever it takes…you will have the strength to get through it. I had 20 weeks of chemo then surgery…every person is different for sure. Just take it one day at a time.

supersu
561 Posts

@Tasha

thanks for the tag @Dave
welcome to this community Natasha - you are amongst friends, that is for sure. we all ‘get it'. weather we have the ‘same’ diagnosis or not, being a cancer patient brings with it some of the same issues: care team, family, social, mental health struggles are a common denominator with us all. let us lend you some support, advice, tips & tricks and sometimes even a laugh or two!!!

the gut punch of hearing those words: ‘you have cancer’ certainly take the wind out of your sails…..I was totally calm, cool, collected when I got the news….in fact, looking back I wonder if I was actually in shock…..ha ha ha. 2020 was a buzzkill in many ways.

even after 2 lumpectomy surgeries on my left breast, 16 radiation doses and now a pill a day to keep it from recurring, I sometimes don't even believe I had/have cancer! our minds are powerful things.

are you ready for your surgery? are there any questions you have?
sounds like you are moving thru the steps pretty speedily…I hope it all goes well and the pathology comes back as quickly…… I have found the waiting is the worst part of the whole process.

again, welcome and know that we are all rooting for you here on the cancer connection sidelines.

cheers
su

#newdiagnosis #invasivelobularcarcinoma

JustJan
1134 Posts

@Tasha^ welcome even though I am sorry that you find yourself here. I was diagnosed with triple negative invasive ductal carcinoma in January 2019. I had a lumpectomy and 16 rounds of radiation. It sounds like you are moving to surgery quickly which is excellent. I know I felt a sense of relief when my surgery was scheduled and that I was doing something to get rid of the cancer. I can certainly appreciate the disbelief. I know at times I felt like I was living in an alternate universe.

Do you have any questions we may be able to help answer for you?

+ Reply