+ Reply
hi im renee my partner has just been diagnosed. with pancreatic. cancer
darby
6 Posts

how. to cope

7 Replies
Brighty
7488 Posts

I'm so sorry @darby . Welcome to the site. Thank you for reaching out to us. I get it, and we all get it. It is terrifying, plain and simple. I went through it too, when my partner was diagnosed with stage 4 esophegeal cancer. It was shocking, devastating and turned our worlds upside down. I learned as I went along basically. You realize how strong you are when this is thrown at you. Get all the support you can get, reach out to others, ask for help whenever you need it, whatever you need. Don't be shy. Does he have a treatment plan yet? How is he coping? I found it so helpful to talk to the oncology social worker. She let me come in whenever I needed to, to vent, to cry, to scream. I also cried to my mom who was a great support to me. Do you have anyone that you can lean on for support? Also others to lean on for practical help, like chores, meal prep, grocery shopping, keeping track of appointments, keeping track of meds. Also I learned from my social worker that self care is so important while taking care of your partner. I don't want to overwhelm you but know that we are here to walk alongside you with whatever support, questions, or anything else you need to get you through. I would like to introduce you to a few members who are presently caring for their partners. They will help you, encourage you, and give you the strength the carry through this very tough time. @NickytheCanuck

@RBION

@D1955 @BlizzardWarning

Thank you so much in advance.

JustJan
1033 Posts

@darby I am sorry to hear about your partner’s diagnosis. Based on my experience, I imagine your mind is swirling and your feelings are a bit all over the place. Know we are here to support you.

Has your partner been given a treatment plan yet?

#Pancreaticcancer #caregiver

@darby my heart goes out to you. We know the fear, anger, hurt and all the other emotions you are and will be feeling. This is the safe place to land to seek whatever help and guidance you may need. I am walking in your shoes and can very much relate to the heartbreak and fear you are experiencing. My husband Steven was diagnosed a couple of years ago and its been an emotional rollercoaster. Please reach out as you are able and we will help you in any way we can. Sending you much strength 💕

darby
6 Posts

treatments. for pancreatic. cancer

RBION
36 Posts
Welcome to the site @Darby, even though the reason that brought you here is a difficult one. There are many caregivers here who can help support you. We're happy to listen and share experiences if it will help you. Rbion
darby
6 Posts

just to say thanks. so much for. all the support. definitely. will need it

darby
6 Posts

no treatment. plan yet

+ Reply