+ Reply
hi lauriebee here. i'm a 64 year old woman with stage IIB endometrial ca treated in 2020 with surgery (TAH with all the nodes negative) chemothreapy, and radiation. and a local recurrence 6 months later requiring more radiation (ongoing).
Lauriebee
2 Posts

I have a couple of concerns i'd like to get support, info, and advice on, 2 big issues: 1)I'm currently in a second round of radiation treatment for a recurrence in my vagina (a cyst developed near my urethra in the Skene's duct gland). I'm having trouble with how to best be proactive and preventative with tissue breakdown, and can't imagine ever having sex with my longterm male partner again, and how to deal with that important part of us. I just discovered Vaginal moisturizers, both intra and external, so am trying that. Trying to avoid using anything with too many chemical names and canrcinogenic ingredients.

2)I also developed sacral fractures , a delayed pelvic radiation complication more common than it seems to have been believed. I had 6 months of sacral pain on and off (moderate to severe, in January and February there times i couldn't walk from bed to kitchen but mostly more moderate like unable to exercise ie ski/hike) till finally my PET scan showed it. I'm having osteoporosis investigation and likely going on a bone drug either Eventeny or Prolio. Any one with similar experience would appreciate hearing from you.

3 Replies
Whitelilies
1200 Posts

@Lauriebee Hello and welcome from BC ! I am sorry for your reason to find us; but glad you did. You shared under the Introduce Yourself Page ! This is a great starting place…and hopefully, others will soon chime in , to share their experiences, similar to yours.

Your 2 issues are valid and very important….I hope you get connected with members here soon.

I hope this link is helpful….this is where you can read/see others' experiences, similar to yourself, and reach out to them, if you wish.

Welcome Laurie

Whitelilies

Minus2
910 Posts
Hi Lauriebee‍ ,
You have been through a lot and I am hopeful that the challenges are behind you very soon. I currently take Prolia injections twice a year to manage a diagnosis of osteoporosis. I have had no side effects and my bone density has improved steadily since receiving the Prolia. I do try to schedule dental work towards the end of the 6 month period, just in case I need a filling, but other than that, no impact on how I go about my life. One bonus for me is that Prolia is showing promise at preventing breast cancer from entering bones, so that alone makes it my top choice. Wishing you well Lauriebee.

Lauriebee
2 Posts

Thanks for the encouraging reply. I am deciding about prolia versus eventeny. I’m at high risk of fracture (40% in the next 5 years) and i am an active skier, hiker, cyclist. So that stat is worrisome. My endocrinologist felt that a year of eventeny (more aggressive bone builder) and then if i have brought it up, switch to prolio(i/10th the price).

+ Reply