+ Reply
Caregiver for my mom
Krys
5 Posts
Hi,

My name is Krystal. I’m 36 years old and I have become a caregiver for my mom. She’s 57 and was recently diagnosed with poorly differentiated cancer. Started in her lung and spread to her adrenal glands. She’s going for radiation treatment starting on Monday, April 19th. I will be going with her. I’m tired but I’m ok.
4 Replies
Trillium
1053 Posts
Hello and welcome Krys‍. You have found a very supportive community here. I can imagine you are tired. I found it exhausting at the beginning of my sons testicular cancer. When we got to the cancer centre everything ran so smoothly and I felt a great relief that they were taking such great care of him.

You and your mom will benefit from the information in this article below from the Canadian Cancer Society.

How are others in the family holding up?

https://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/living-with-cancer/newly-diagnosed/?region=on

Warm hugs
Trillium
supersu
143 Posts
Krys

welcome to this site - so many folks here with experience & support to share.

there are forums for caregivers & specific cancers & almost every topic you could think of---when you are not too tired, i hope you can navigate the site to find information you and your mom might be interested in.

caregiving is exhausting! make sure you take time everyday just for you.

having a caregiver is def not a given; while I was a caregiver, I noticed LOTS of folks who had no one - you & your mom are lucky to have each other--and you are AMAZING!

cheers/hugs
su

#caregiver

Krys
5 Posts
Hi Trillium‍. We are 3 sisters and my aunt that are all trying to cope with this news. My sisters are very busy and feel guilty that they can’t help out more what with work and children.
Krys
5 Posts
Hi supersu‍! Yes caregiving has been exhausting. I will go and check out the caregiving section. Thank you :)
+ Reply